Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

Default Emailed HTC about existing bootloaders..

I emailed them about the incredible 2's bootloader and this is what they said.

Dear Travis Weed,

Good question, Travis. We definately understand the concern regarding the phones with bootloaders that are currently locked. At this point in time, we don't have any information on if and how existing locked bootloaders will be unlocked. Though, once we reach a decision and decide on a game plan regarding the currently and planned locked phones, we'll definately also announce this through our website, as well as Facebook & Twitter, as well. Stay tuned; we'll definately let you know, as soon as the information becomes available.
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    Stock,Stock,Stock

Quote Originally Posted by XCalibration17 View Post
    I emailed them about the incredible 2's bootloader and this is what they said.

Dear Travis Weed,

Good question, Travis. We definately understand the concern regarding the phones with bootloaders that are currently locked. At this point in time, we don't have any information on if and how existing locked bootloaders will be unlocked. Though, once we reach a decision and decide on a game plan regarding the currently and planned locked phones, we'll definately also announce this through our website, as well as Facebook & Twitter, as well. Stay tuned; we'll definately let you know, as soon as the information becomes available.
    Word. Good stuff Mr.Weed. Let's hope it's good news.

HTC reps can't spell "definitely?"

Chances are that English is not their primary language ;-)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skyboxer View Post
    Chances are that English is not their primary language ;-)
    Definately

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Apparently

Alex Gunther
    Don't thank me; thank my meter!
    Droid Incredible 2 & Samsung Fascinate
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I'm just hoping the unlocked bootloaders will come with GB .I'm just surprised we haven't gotten an update yet to fix some of these bugs like the missing clock icon.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!