Anyone waiting for a droid 3 before deciding?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Right now the main thing holding me back from the dinc2 is the info leaking out about the droid3.

The various 4.3 phones are too big. The dinc2 is a great size, it doesn't bring attention to itself, and the screen is great. But the dual core and the physical keyboard of the droid3 are really tempting.

Anyone else in the same boat?

-Suntan

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Im not big on physical keyboards, so the D3 doesn't interest me at all, but with the TI OMAP4 dual core, it will be a nice device. I love Moto, have had 3 of their android devices. Just wish they would follow HTC and their recent announcement.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Wait why is that? I've never owned a motorola phone but are they really that horrible?

No actually they are some of the best devices on the market, but alot of people feel this way about Moto cause they lock the bootloader down.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Locked bootloaders and crap software, is why I won't buy the d3 but then again the hardware sucked on the d2 if my finger had any moisture on it the screen would freak out, I have dust under my screen and the slide is loose in the closed position if I push in the left top corner the screen wiggles. At this point I won't buy another slide phone

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I was waiting on Droid 3 but the more I read on Inc 2 I just decided to pull the trigger. No regrets as HTC sense is soo much better then moto blur . Just do it !:D

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
No actually they are some of the best devices on the market, but alot of people feel this way about Moto cause they lock the bootloader down.

Um...no. I couldn't care less about the bootloader..

They ruin their phones with motoblur

Also, you own a Droid X2, which reviews have said is one of the worst phones motorola has ever put out.

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Um...no. I couldn't care less about the bootloader..

They ruin their phones with motoblur

Also, you own a Droid X2, which reviews have said is one of the worst phones motorola has ever put out.

Um...yes. You do care about the bootloader, your just bitter for some reason and don't want to admit it. Earlier versions of MOTOBLUR were terrible, but on the X and X2 you hardly even know its there. Plus you can root and flash, then MOTOBLUR is gone...but you may not be technically inclined enough to do that. Have you even used the X2? Its funny you try to attack me though my phone, shows your level of maturity. I don't know what reviews your looking at (probably consumer reports...hahaha) but this device got rated pretty damn good.

Before you start spouting out your negative attacks, you may want to think about what your saying.

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Um...yes. You do care about the bootloader, your just bitter for some reason and don't want to admit it. Earlier versions of MOTOBLUR were terrible, but on the X and X2 you hardly even know its there. Plus you can root and flash, then MOTOBLUR is gone...but you may not be technically inclined enough to do that. Have you even used the X2? Its funny you try to attack me though my phone, shows your level of maturity. I don't know what reviews your looking at (probably consumer reports...hahaha) but this device got rated pretty damn good.

Before you start spouting out your negative attacks, you may want to think about what your saying.

[Review] Motorola DROID X2: Even Raw Horsepower Can’t Save This Phone From Mediocrity | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Someone asked for his opinion, he gave it and you're telling him his own opinion is wrong?

I wont buy a Moto device because of Blur either, nothing to do with a bootloader at all. When I'm buying a phone now I'm looking for the best out of box experience and MotoBlur does not offer that in my opinion. I've tried using the DX and D2 in the store and both times the phones had so much lag to them I walked away. The one was so bad I couldn't even unlock the phone. We have a couple of them here at my job and when I have to help people with them they drive me crazy. Add in the fact the design of the phones are ugly and awkward to hold as another reason why I don't want them.

srv

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Right now the main thing holding me back from the dinc2 is the info leaking out about the droid3.

The various 4.3 phones are too big. The dinc2 is a great size, it doesn't bring attention to itself, and the screen is great. But the dual core and the physical keyboard of the droid3 are really tempting.

Anyone else in the same boat?

-Suntan

I have a D1, and I'm very interested in the D3. I'll have to check it out in person before I decide for sure, though. I really want the physical keyboard, simply because I don't like giving up screen real estate for a virtual keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance