camcorder

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that if you put the camcorder on 720 you can't record to the sd card? I'm thinking you need a higher class card to record to. I tried recording at the race track this weekend and the video skipped hard

xgunther

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
haha I just posted a similar question over at XDA:

Anyone really annoyed by the camcorder on this device? My videos record and play-back really choppy on my device AND my computer. Especially when shooting in HD.

Coming from the Fascinate, it's a huge step back. Why does it record in .3GP? Even when shooting HD! Could 3GP be the culprit?

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I took a video in widescreen of the Bellagio fountain show and it plays back perfect on my laptop even onto the tv, but once I tried 720 it was a no go. I checked and they ship with a class 4 card, could just not be able to write as fast as it records

xgunther

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
So when I used my other SD card, recording and playback was smooth—however, I would still get the "wobbly" image when moving the camcorder quickly, but that I can live with.

Definitely appears to have just been an issue with the shipped sandisk SD Card.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Were both SDs Class 4?

i'm wondering this as well. i have a class 10 card that i used in the DINC1 and i think it was actually too fast for the phone. the music player kept having issues. i swapped the card. and it was fine.

if vzw is going to be selling phones with 720p and 1080p recording capabilities they need to put class 6 or better cards in them to begin with. class 4 just doesn't cut it anymore

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Class 10 isn't approved for use in our phones, the card installed is class 4 which should be more than enough for my phones needs. On a side note, it seems like that skip was a one time thing so far, just happened to miss one of the most crazy things I've seen from the starting gate.