Love this phone / os!!!

joshlane4

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to shout, but I'm so happy with this phone, and Android. Great physical construction on the phone, it just looks and feels good. I got it on Friday and so far:
  • installed Launcher Pro to hide the Verizon bloat (I'll wait for CyanogenMod to root)
  • Handcent SMS is great
  • beautiful widgets to get that Sense look w/o the crap
  • Amazon Cloud & Google Music for the tunes
  • Dropbox + Epistle for anywhere lists
  • Tango to video chat
  • Google voice for free texting and wonderful voicemail

In short, it's awesome!

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I think so, and since you already have the paid version you get the X version when it releases

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
waiting for my girlfriend to decide on a phone, but I'm set on the DInc2. I have dreams about this phone. When i reach in my pocket i feel like i already have it.. then pull out my Tour. cant wait.

puckhead

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Dont mean to hijack, but what does the Launcher Pro actually do? I looked it up and it seems like it pretty much does what the DINC2 already does. How does it "hide" the bloat?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
so all it does is hide the icons? (BB already does this btw) but yea, so the bloatware is still bloating the device only you dont see it. kinda like Spanx for your phone.

joshlane4

May 26, 2011
Visit site
so all it does is hide the icons?
No. It is a "Launcher". It replaces your home screens, and most of the HTC Sense software that you would normally interface with. It is a highly customizable program. It has its own dock and widgets et al.

One of its features is the ability to "hide" applications from the app list. So when you navigate to the app list, you don't see all of the bloatware that Verizon preinstalls on the phone (and you are unable to remove without root access).

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds cool. Still a bummer the bloatware is hogging space but cool you can hide it using this. I guess that's what I'm doing now with my bb.

Should be fun to play around with.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21