1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why does it say the SD card is blank?

I have a Droid Incredible 2 and I'm very new to these kinds of phones. It's been working great until last night when I took the back off and then took the battery out. I turned the phone off before I done this and I did not touch the SD card at all. Then I put the battery back in and put the back on and when I tunred my phone on, a notification came up and said blank SD card. Now my pictures are gone. Can you please tell me what I might have done wrong and if it can be fixed?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Seems like you wiped it but I don't know how that's the crazy Ive heard of. You may want to try what you did again then see if it wipes your card again if so send it back. That's just what I can think of
    Rooted for life
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well I plan on taking it back to Verizon Monday to ask them about it. I just don't understand what I could have done. I also discovered that I can't even take pictures or videos.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Well seems like it could be a corrupt sdcard try plugging it into a laptop to see if it shows anything or another phone if you have one handy
    Rooted for life
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've tried hooking it up to the computer but my computer freezes up when I try to. Guess I'm just screwed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoles0927 View Post
    I've tried hooking it up to the computer but my computer freezes up when I try to. Guess I'm just screwed lol.
    Have you tried the EASEUS Data Recovery program. They have a demo that works really well.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock RAZR ICS Release

Default Data Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by xmckinzie View Post
    Have you tried the EASEUS Data Recovery program. They have a demo that works really well.
    I had the same problem on two different phones before I realized that I had a bad card (at least that's what I'm hoping because I have some terrific photos on there now that I don't want to lose). Anyway, I did use one of the many data recovery applications out there, and it worked fine, but you need to be prepared to spend some time on it. It will find everything on your card, including anything that has been deleted but not overwritten yet. It's a good thing, but it can take some time.