marketplace has gone mad! HELP!!!

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently wiped my phone trying to clear the mess of contacts that HTC sense puts together when u sync all of ur accounts.

After the factory reset, I went to the marketplace to download my apps again. Turns out that now, all my apps say "download unsuccessful." I don't know what's going on here. Everything works fine, internet, sms, etc. It just seems that I can no longer download apps from the marketplace. Anyone have this issue with their dinc2?

bohannjn

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I had the same problem all morning. I reset my phone twice thinking there was something wrong on my end and then realized there were market problems when it all started working again this afternoon.

bohannjn

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
And should add I was also resetting my phone because all my contacts are appearing as many as 15 times, even though in Google they appear once.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem with my fascinate had to go through and download each one individually. But that was like three weeks ago but I think that's a fascinate issue happened everytime I reset that device. But who knows an update to the market could have borked the restore feature for some devices

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I still have no solution to this. Even the paid apps give me an error. Anyone have a solution to this? Or is this just software related and I have to just sit and wait it out???

bohannjn

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Don't know what to tell you. I did the full reset again this evening (Saturday, around midnight Pacific time) and this time it worked pretty much flawlessly in restoring everything. One thing I did was to not only do a factory reset but to remove my SD Card and reformat that completely as well. I wanted to make sure there was not one vestige of anything on the phone.

Good luck. You are not alone.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I am noticing something that I think fixes this issue. When you search for an app using the magifying glass, as you type, search items start to populate. But if you notice, there is an icon to the left thats either 3/4ths of a circle with a little emblem inside or theres a full magifying glass icon. Sometimes theres both icons for 1 phrase or word. I've noticed that I dont get the error when I click on the magifying glass listed items. I'm not sure what the other icon means but for now, thats solved my problem.

I'm still new to android so forgive me if this is a layman observation

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke