Micro USB coming loose!

Jamezcua

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
The bezel around the charging port of my incredible just came loose! Has this happened to anyone? I haven't dropped my phone or anything. It's just loose and it rattles when I use my phone. But it still charges. Any ideas or is it just poor chraftsmanship?

el viejo

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone for three+ weeks now and that has not happened. However, I have been concerned that it might since the micro usb plug is very hard to insert and remove. Would be interested to know if anyone has "lubricated" the plug to help minimize this problem.

mmaaddict78

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
My entire usb port has begun to get loose. If I plug a usb cable into my phone I can wiggle the plug and the port moves. I hope it doesn't get much worse.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I get a lot of "wiggle & jiggle" when plugged in. Thankfully, I only plug in at night. Otherwise, battery swap during the day. I wouldn't worry as long as you are not having any problems charging or syncing. If the housing moves around handling the phone, consider a warranty exchange.

initech_milton

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had the HTC Incredible 2 phone only for 4 days and the black "insert" around the usb connector port has become loose. It rattles a lot. I suspect the thing is nothing but a protective frame for the usb port. In my case, I also noticed the back cover around that area (lower left corner) is a bit loose. And like another person pointed out the connector is very tight (easy to plug in but very hard to pull out). I have to say it's very annoying for a brand new phone even if it deosn't cause any functional problems. For a lot of people this probably is not going to be an issue but I happen to be one of those people who would take a wrench and tighten up every nut and bolt on everything. I think you can probably fix the problem by dabbing very small amount of super glue around the black frame :)

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I just dabbed a very slight amount of super glue...all of the rattling and movement is gone now. And it didn't melt it either. It literally was one little drop...that's all it needed.