Music files won't transfer

rjr0630

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I'm moving in to a Incredible 2 from a blackberry and am having a difficult time transferring music files from my PC. I've tried simple copy and paste as well as some 3rd party apps (isyncr, doubletwist, and most recently Easy Phone Tunes). The most luck I've had was with Easy Phone Tunes, but similar to the copy and paste method, I have only been able to transfer folders. When I try to open those folders (named after artists), there is a sub folder (album title), but no music files are in the sub folders. The majority of my music library has been burned from CDs so there shouldn't be a DRM issue here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
how are you doing it?

I swung over from a storm a couple weeks ago, and it worked very easy for me.

using the same cable, I grabbed the music off the old phone, then copied it down onto my inc2

whole process took about :10 for about 400 songs..

Reactions: lauranelli

rjr0630

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm taking them from my hard drive. In the time since my original post, I've started using the Amazon cloud and I'm getting my songs on the phone only temorarily. I'll download, play them once or twice and then I get an error that the player can no longer play the songs. I reboot and then all the songs are gone. Do I need to reformat my SD card? Did I get a lemon of a phone? Thanks

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It would help if you could post the steps you are using to transfer your files. Here's what i do.

Open the folder where your music is stored on your hard drive.
Plug your phone into the USB port. When the dialog box on your phone appears select "As Disk Drive". This should create a drive for your SD card.
Open the drive that was created to access your SD Card. Create a folder called Music.
Click and drag all your music from your hard drive to your SD card Music folder.
When you disconnect your phone you should see a message "preparing SD card" (something like that) along the top. Then when you open your player your music should all be there.

Are these the steps you are doing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star