Power Button

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my power button is like yours too. My wife's though is super easy to press. I'm betting that in here pocket, it turns on the screen from time to time it's that easy.

What I do, on my phone, is to get it to lock, I hold the phone in my right hand, my index finger on the button and I "pull" it towards the front of the phone, i.e. towards the screen, then I press down and it works almost every time.

Also, it sticks "up" further on the right side if you are looking at the front of the phone, then the left. The left side is sucken way down there. I am out of the 14 day window so all they can do for me is send me a remaned which I will not take. I can live with it.

I just find it amazing that my wife's is "normal" but yet, so many of us, on here at least, have the problem.

The store display is "normal" too.

I'm debating on opening the back up and seeing if maybe I can fix it.

Does anyone know if iFixit.com has torn this thing apart?

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My power button has now gotten to the point where I almost can't turn it on or off. Like, I almost have to break it to put the phone to sleep.

It's really annoying now. I can't seem to find anything online about a way of fixing. I did find a "replacement" button online but they want $15 for the button. A tiny little plastic button for $15. I paid $80 for the ENTIRE phone. I would really like to avoid that.

If you were one of the ones with the "soft" button issue, take this as a warning, it will eventually turn to be impossible to press. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but you've been warned.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. I bought the Otterbox Commuter case a while back. It has a raised section over the power button that works well. With the case, powers on and off about 90% first try. Without the case I have to use my fingernail to push the button and even then it takes a few tries.

gatorboi352

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I too am having this issue. It also is/was an issue on the Thunderbolt. HTC kind of deal I guess. My battery cover on the upper left side (looking at the back of the phone) to the outside of the camera lens creaks and pops when im pressing on it (like whenever i go to do anything on the phone).

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
myself and two of my friends have had the inc 2 for about 6 or so months. none of us are having this button issue

My wife's is fine too. It's not everyone. Just a lot of us.

I actually fixed mine the other day at work. I bought a Torx screwdriver bit set from Home Depot. It comes with T4-T10 and a T15. The phones has T5 bits on the inside back cover.

I opened her up, took off the power button, and took a look at it. It looks like the placement of the button gets off it's "track" which then causes it to sink into the body of the phone.

I put it back together making sure it was "back on track", and it works 99% of the time. It's almost as good as my wife's now.

I paid $5.95+tax for the driver set. If the button would have been broken when I opened it up, I would've spent the $15 for the replacement button.

The site on how to open up the phone, order the button is www.repairuniverse.com.

If I can figure out how to upload photos to here, I can post up the pics of what it looks like and how I fixed it. Just let me know if anyone wants me to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20