Best Apps for Find Phone and Delete Data?

univofky

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether to keep my Incredible 2. So far I really like it, but had a few questions...

- what is the best free app, in your opinion to track my phone if lost or stolen (app)?. Also, what is the best free app to delete my information remotely?

- my screen is locked (nine dots/draw a picture), but I would like my contact information to appear in case my phone is lost. is this possible?

- it comes standard with the icon to change brightness - 3 levels. can i modify this somehow, as i would want my first brightness setting to be much lower.

Again, all noob questions, and I appreciate any help you can provide... :)

Last edited:

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
seekdroid from the amazon market will locate, lock, wipe your phone. Additionally you can display a phone number to contact you and I believe it will let the person dial out from your phone. As far as brightness, I'm sure there's another app but you can also set it manually.

Reactions: univofky

univofky

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
seekdroid from the amazon market will locate, lock, wipe your phone. Additionally you can display a phone number to contact you and I believe it will let the person dial out from your phone. As far as brightness, I'm sure there's another app but you can also set it manually.

Not sure how to thank you via forum, but thanks!

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
SeekDroid isn't free (unless you got it during the daily special from the Amazon appstore), but at $0.99 it's a great value. It will remotely enable the GPS and give you very accurate coordinates for your phone. The web interface is very simple and easy to use. It can also show you the call log; so you can see if anyone has been using your phone. I've never used the remote wipe feature because I haven't lost my phone . . . yet. I hope I don't need it.

+1

Also, try going into the display settings and using the Auto brightness feature. I find it works pretty well. Although if you spend most of your time indoors, you may be better off setting the screen brightness manually. If you monitor your battery usage, you will find that the display using most of your battery power. In my case, about 60% of my power consumption is for the display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke