Thinking about upgrading...any thoughts?

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had the original Dince since the day of launch and have gone through 3 of them all with different problems. It has come time though that I cannot take the battery life anymore and need to find a phone that can last a day. My phone today only lasted 6 hours with medium to light usage and I cannot take it anymore. I already have the 1750 battery and still this is the crap I get.

I have been reading that the Dinc2 has much better batter life and I am seriously considering upgrading to the Dinc2. But I do have a few questions hope you can help with

1. How is video calling working with the FFC?
2. The speaker phone is okay on the Dinc how is it on the Dinc2?
3. Is the battery life that much better with just the stock battery?
4. Do you think this is worth the upgrade?

Any other thoughts are greatly welcomed!!

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
1. video calling is subject to the app you use. but overall its decent in a well lit area
2. i find it to be loud enough. some people say it sounds a bit "tinny" but i haven't found that
3. yes, the battery life is great on the dinc 2
4. it all depends on what you want/need in a phone. personally i think so.

poolie

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I also got my original dInc when it came out and while I loved the phone, I could barely get a day out of my 1750 battery. With some reservation, a couple weeks ago I went ahead and upgraded. I'm totally with with the dInc2. Battery life is *much* better and the 4" screen is a bonus. Don't know about questions 1 and 2, but I think you'll be pleased with it.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
1. The FFC is only 1.3MP so use it only in a well lit area.
2. I use the speaker phone from time to time and I feel the audio quality is fine.
3.This is my first Android so coming from a BlackBerry I'd say the battery life is ok.
4.Being my first Android I can't answer this one.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
speaker quality sucks! I love this phone LOTSSS but speaker quality sucks! In moderate to loud areas its virtually useless! I dont know why some people downplay this problem so much

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The speaker is weak compared to other devices. Battery life is generally good, but if the signal strength is weak in your area you may only get 7 or 8 hours of casual use. I carry a spare battery (can't do that with an iPhone). No complaints here.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
speaker quality sucks! I love this phone LOTSSS but speaker quality sucks! In moderate to loud areas its virtually useless! I dont know why some people downplay this problem so much

If we are talking about speakerphone and not call quality then, to be honest i'm going off the quality not the volume. I don't use my speakerphone in loud situations because really there is no point. I don't want to be yelling at my phone and trying to hear the other person and possibly have other people hear them too.

If we are talking about call quality. Again its the volume. And yes i have noticed that i have to turn the volume up for calls i didn't previously have to. Especially in loud situations. But the call quality itself is good. And maybe a future update will enhance the noise cancellation that is built into the phone.

desertcat

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from a feature phone to the Incredible 2 (to lock in the unlimited data plan). I wanted to go with an update of a previous model phone in hopes of getting a stable smartphone. It was a free upgrade at LetsTalk.com, so I can't really complain. Should arrive on Tuesday hopefully.