1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Am I crazy for wanting to sell/trade Iphone 4 for Inc2?

Hi everyone,

A little introduction and I apologize if I post this in the wrong forum, but I can use some advice.

I bought the original HTC Droid Incredible when it came out last year but I sold it this past March to get the Verizon IPhone 4. I know that the Iphone 4 is hugely popular, but after using it for the past couple of months, I kind of felt dissatisfied with it.

I miss the customization that you can do on an Android that you can't do on an Iphone, unless you jail-break it. I am not a fan of IOS4 and I know that IOS5 will bring notifications and such, but the Android OS system is different. This may sound odd, but I feel more at home with an Android OS than an IOS.

I've been thinking of trading in my Iphone 4 for an HTC Droid Incredible 2 on Craig's List since I'm not eligible for an upgrade, but people might think I'm weird for doing that. Do you think it's wise to trade my Iphone for an HTC Droid Incredible 2, or should I sell my Iphone 4 instead?

Thank you

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Trust me I you are not weird, I has the same problem. First I had the Fascinate but there was something that I felt was missing and I also wanted to see what the iPhone was all about so I sold my Fascinate and bought the iPhone 4.

But when I got it it just didn't feel the same, meaning I couldn't customize it the way I wanted to. Trust me the iPhone is nice, its built well but I guess I just missed the android platform. So I made my decision and upgraded to the inc 2. I'm glad I did it is a great phone. Much better than my old fascinate. This phone just feels way better. I have not had any problems with it and well I'm glad I made the change.

As for my iPhone its somewhere in a box in my closet. I haven't gotten around to selling it because I've just been to busy with my new baby boy that was just born. Just sell the dam phone! I sure am. You can easily sell it for 300 to 400. That's how much I was being offered. Or if its easier on you and you find one to trade then go ahead. But you won't regret it, I sure haven't.

I think you answered you own question. If you are not happy with your current device then you are not crazy for wanting something different.

Hardware wise I think the Incredible 2 would be a better choice. Plus, like you said, with Android you will not have Apple telling you what your phone should do and look like.

I say make the switch.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't think you are crazy. If you do not like your iPhone and are not happy with the exsperence. Then you have every right to change phones it is your phone do whatever makes you happy.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

I only think your crazy because you gave up the Dinc for the apple IgnorantPhone 4. What were you thinking?!!?!!?
    I mean that in a fun way. Get rid of it and get a Dinc2.
    Current: Verizon Galaxy Nexus with CM10
    Past: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Incredible
    Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Tour, Blackberry Curve
    Samsung Delve (what a joke but started it all)
    and a bunch of dumb phones

I just left my iPhone 4 for a Incredible 2 yesterday. I too wanted to try the iPhone experience and left a Droid x. The iPhone was nice, but I really missed the Android system and I am really pleased with the Incredible 2. I have already had a couple of offers on the iPhone for $400 and will be selling it this weekend.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Why would you ask this in an android dedicated forum? LOL
    Alex Gunther
    Don't thank me; thank my meter!
    Droid Incredible 2 & Samsung Fascinate

I was at a cross road with the white iphone 4 and the DINC 2. Coming from an aging BB, I knew both would be a good upgrade. But I went for a DINC 2 because of its world capabilities, higher res camera, and larger screen. I had a chance to play with my friends iphone 4 afterward and was able to compare and even she was jealous and wanted my phone. She was bored herself of the iphone platform. The customization of the Droid OS, the screen vibrancy, the size and design all stood out over the iphone. Iphone 4 is a nice phone and platform, but even that is starting to show its signs of age.

The DINC 2 is actually thinner than iphone 4 which I thought was shocking considering how the blogs all reported how the iphone 4 was the thinnest smart phone on the market. So now my DINC beats it and looks sleeker and updated.

App wise... I got all the apps, especially free apps that I can ever need. I think the app race is just a marketing ploy! Once you got what you need, 200,000 or 500,000 doesnt make 1 bit of difference to the user whos phone is "memory full"

btw, if you dont like the standard Droid home screen set up, launcher pro, beautiful widgets, and better keyboard will give u a gorgeous display and an endless amount of customization. My phone looks awesome to the the person looking at it from the left or right lol. And I like it that way! So in short.... your not crazy! lol

Default Re: Am I crazy for wanting to sell/trade Iphone 4 for Inc2?

The iPhone is a nice handset. You can't deny that. And Apple has more apps . . . for now. Every time I see a company offer an iPhone app but not an Android app, I call or email them to ask why. Amazon being the most recent (they released a daily deals app for iPhone only). And if you're a heavy iTunes or iPod Touch user, I understand why you would want to stick with Apple. Of course, you have to be satisfied with what Apple gives you.

Android on the other hand comes in many different sizes and flavors. You can customize it, root it, sideload it, and a whole lot of other stuff. You can get a basic handset with all you can eat service on a discount provider like Cricket or you can buy premium handsets on Verizon (or that other carrier). Me, I like having options. Android gives me options.

So go with what fits your tastes and personality.

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

I say go for it. You are going to be happier and when they achieve a permanent root for the INC 2 that they release to the masses then the sky is the limit. I know you can almost do anything to customize any android phone to start with but hey you can't help but want for the bloatware to be gone forever.

I would say ditch the iphone 4 and get the droid incredible 2, you will NOT be disappointed!

Realistically they are similar. From a hassle standpoint, I think iPhone is the easier music solution if you already use iTunes and don't want to have to try out other solutions. And it's got other advantages. You already know about the flexibility of Android and it has other advantages. So it's not like it's this huge bold move to switch - that's the Apple marketing/ethos grabbing ahold of you and creating inertia. It wouldn't be a big deal to switch in the other direction either. You get a good phone either way. If you want your favored OS and flexibility back, switch and don't worry.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,601 Global Posts

Just activated my Incredible 2 over my iPhone 4. I still have the iPhone, but might just sell it in a few days.

@All

Buying/Selling/Trading/Gifting discussion outside the Marketplace is forbidden. Please take a moment to review the rules/guidelines for doing such activities.

We have no problem with you discussing the pros & cons of buying/selling/trading/gifting a device or accessory but no offers, deals, contact information can be done outside the Marketplace.

Marketplace Forum - Selling, trading, or gifting items is not permitted outside of the Marketplace forum. For the protection of all members, sellers must be registered for at least 30 days and have a 50 post count minimum. Additional Marketplace rules and guidelines are in the Forum Rules FAQ.
    Thanks,
    Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 09-20-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by Goodash View Post
    Hi everyone,

A little introduction and I apologize if I post this in the wrong forum, but I can use some advice.

I bought the original HTC Droid Incredible when it came out last year but I sold it this past March to get the Verizon IPhone 4. I know that the Iphone 4 is hugely popular, but after using it for the past couple of months, I kind of felt dissatisfied with it.

I miss the customization that you can do on an Android that you can't do on an Iphone, unless you jail-break it. I am not a fan of IOS4 and I know that IOS5 will bring notifications and such, but the Android OS system is different. This may sound odd, but I feel more at home with an Android OS than an IOS.

I've been thinking of trading in my Iphone 4 for an HTC Droid Incredible 2 on Craig's List since I'm not eligible for an upgrade, but people might think I'm weird for doing that. Do you think it's wise to trade my Iphone for an HTC Droid Incredible 2, or should I sell my Iphone 4 instead?

Thank you
    Nope, your perfectly normal wanting to get rid of the iPhone.