Txt Messaging on my DINC2

SpringRyan

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Whats up fellas. So throughout the duration of a text conversation I put my message, send it and my screen goes off. 2 minutes later I get a reply, have to turn the screen on, unlock the phone, click on messaging, and click on my contact to read/reply. Personally 4 actions is too many to reply to each text is there a way to get the screen to turn on when a reply is received or something I can do to shorten the process? Thanks fellas

jtg11

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have same frustration. Only way I know to do this is to load a third party app like Go SMS or Handcent. I like Go SMS a little better but they are very similar.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I use GO Sms Pro, and it does the things you are looking for. I don't have much experience with the stock app as I have been using GO since Day 1.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I've used Handcent for the past two years and love it. The pop up solves the problems you describe. Plus, it's regularly updated and fixed as needed. Go SMS may be similar; I've never tried it.

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
widgetlocker would work too, because you can make messages or notifications in general an unlock function so when you turn your screen on you just unlock that widget, reply, and turn it off again. If you don't close messages and just turn your screen off the same conversation should stay right on your screen next time it's unlocked anyways. If four functions is too hard you'd hate to see how they sent messages before cell phones lol

SpringRyan

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
GO SMS Pro solved all my issues, great app I recommend to all. Just remember to turn off the notifcations from your stock txting app so you dont get doubled up with every incoming text

bcampbell1324

May 3, 2011
Visit site
SpringRyan,

Instead of letting the screen shut off by itself after you send your message, why don't you just leave your conversation open and press the lock (power) button to turn the screen off? That way, when you unlock to turn it back on, you'll be back at the same screen. I do that all the time.

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
This may not totally go along with this thread but it is related to txt's. I am a total noob to Android coming from an LG Versa. Anyway the issue I have is when I receive a txt from someone I see just the phone number and not their name despite that they are in my contacts list. Now if I send a txt to that person the thread starts with their name and when they reply a new thread is made with their phone number. So far I have noticed it on a couple contacts, it is quite annoying as I dont know everyone's phone number. If it helps I will give a little background on my contacts. I imported them from Versa using Backup Assistant, which I cant seem to turn off BTW, then setup my work email, gmail and FB accounts. Now I am not even really sure where the hell al my contacts are being backed up to but I will get that figured out. Would using something like Handcent be a good idea??

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
When you add people to your phone do you add the area code? On old phones it didn't matter but "smart" phones require the full 10 digits or the name won't show up, dunno why they took a step backwards but there must be a reason, maybe because it's global? I would bet that's your issue

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Well that did it, I was thinking it would be more complicated than that! Thanks for that tip, guess I will go through and look at all my numbers now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon