Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default BB to DINC2

    I already have DINC2...been a loyal android user for quite some time now.

    My question is how many people came from a BB to the DINC2? Specifically the BB Storm/Storm2
  2. #2  
    bik2101's Avatar

    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    i'm coming from the tour/bold and no regrets
  3. #3  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Storm1 then Storm2 then D2G and now DI2. DI2 is the best phone I ever owned (Samsung Alias was kind cool too).
  4. #4  
    tack's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    8830WE to Storm to Storm2 to Dinc2

    Best yet!
  5. #5  
    mgftp's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Original Storm owner here (got it right at launch). My Storm barely functions anymore and I was trying to hold out for the SGS2 but the constant dropping calls, powering off, 30 minutes to power back on, etc, I could wait anymore, and ordered a DInc2 last night and will get it Wednesday. I cant wait to get into the world of Android.
  6. #6  
    sttngagt's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    BB curve 8330 here. The dinc2 is simply amazing. Best phone I've ever had.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    My wife and I are currently using the BB Storm 2 and are planning on upgrading to the Dinc2 on 6 July. It will be the first day both of our lines are up for an upgrade at the discounted price and I have to say I let out a huge sigh of relief when I heard the unlimited data plans are officially over on the 7th...we're just making it in to grandfather an unlimited data plan. As of now, we average around 2 GB/month with me using about 3/4 of the data per month but I'm sure that will increase when we switch...and who knows how these new tiered data plans will work for family plans. I have a feeling it'll be tough to get through to Verizon on the 6th as a million people will be wanting to firm up an unlimited plan last minute.

    We're definitely not looking forward to the pain of moving all our contacts over, especially because our last couple of phones have all been from BB so it has been easy to transition from one phone to another. I guess my wife is dreading it more than I am...I can't wait to get this BB out of my life.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Quote Originally Posted by jif0009 View Post
    My wife and I are currently using the BB Storm 2 and are planning on upgrading to the Dinc2 on 6 July. It will be the first day both of our lines are up for an upgrade at the discounted price and I have to say I let out a huge sigh of relief when I heard the unlimited data plans are officially over on the 7th...we're just making it in to grandfather an unlimited data plan. As of now, we average around 2 GB/month with me using about 3/4 of the data per month but I'm sure that will increase when we switch...and who knows how these new tiered data plans will work for family plans. I have a feeling it'll be tough to get through to Verizon on the 6th as a million people will be wanting to firm up an unlimited plan last minute.

    We're definitely not looking forward to the pain of moving all our contacts over, especially because our last couple of phones have all been from BB so it has been easy to transition from one phone to another. I guess my wife is dreading it more than I am...I can't wait to get this BB out of my life.
    Should be painless using back up assist by Verizon. Made all my upgrades easy !
  9. #9  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    In 2 years I went through 2 Storm 1 1 storm 2 and 3 bold 9650. The last 9650 was in the process of dying this week and I picked up the dinc 2. Only had it a few days but loving it.

    Piano Man
  10. #10  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    BB 8330 Curve to Droid Eris. Now DINC2. Sorry BB I will not be back.

    Quote Originally Posted by jif0009 View Post
    My wife and I are currently using the BB Storm 2 and are planning on upgrading to the Dinc2 on 6 July. It will be the first day both of our lines are up for an upgrade at the discounted price and I have to say I let out a huge sigh of relief when I heard the unlimited data plans are officially over on the 7th...we're just making it in to grandfather an unlimited data plan. As of now, we average around 2 GB/month with me using about 3/4 of the data per month but I'm sure that will increase when we switch...and who knows how these new tiered data plans will work for family plans. I have a feeling it'll be tough to get through to Verizon on the 6th as a million people will be wanting to firm up an unlimited plan last minute.

    We're definitely not looking forward to the pain of moving all our contacts over, especially because our last couple of phones have all been from BB so it has been easy to transition from one phone to another. I guess my wife is dreading it more than I am...I can't wait to get this BB out of my life.
    Don't wait you should be able to get a early upgrade. VZW will usually do it a couple weeks ahead of time. As for your contacts, setup a Gmail account and sync your contacts to it from your BB. As soon as you turn on your Droid and sync it to google your contacts will all go to your new Droid phone.)
  11. #11  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    i went from a 8830WE-Pear-Curve8330-Storm1-Tour-Storm2-Bold-Droid-Droid2-Incredible-Fascinate-Droid x-incredible2 and may trade for another droix X casue i like the little bigger screen; and love android and everything about it and dont plan to look back to a BB ever again unless they can blow my mind with a great device and we all know that wont happen this decade....
  12. #12  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Quote Originally Posted by deano131 View Post

    Don't wait you should be able to get a early upgrade. VZW will usually do it a couple weeks ahead of time. As for your contacts, setup a Gmail account and sync your contacts to it from your BB. As soon as you turn on your Droid and sync it to google your contacts will all go to your new Droid phone.)
    I tried...they will only give the discount to the primary line but not both. The only way I can get the discount for both lines will be waiting until 6 July.

    As for my contacts, I set up back up assist by Verizon like Wizard87 recommended so hopefully that'll work for us. Also, I saved my contacts from my phone to a .csv file and imported them to my gmail account. Hopefully one way or the other should work...now I just need the new phone.

    Thanks for all your help guys...I'm sure I'll be back once I get the Dinc2 in my hands.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    I came from BB 9330. I tried the Fascinate first, it wasn't a right fit for me, came to the DINC2, and I am in love. Can anyone recommend the best apps? I really need a good task manager! LOL
    LbNelli
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauranelli View Post
    I came from BB 9330. I tried the Fascinate first, it wasn't a right fit for me, came to the DINC2, and I am in love. Can anyone recommend the best apps? I really need a good task manager! LOL
    You don't need to task manager. Android runs its own.

    Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Quote Originally Posted by deano131 View Post
    BB 8330 Curve to Droid Eris. Now DINC2. Sorry BB I will not be back.



    Don't wait you should be able to get a early upgrade. VZW will usually do it a couple weeks ahead of time. As for your contacts, setup a Gmail account and sync your contacts to it from your BB. As soon as you turn on your Droid and sync it to google your contacts will all go to your new Droid phone.)

    my problem is that i dont use google for my contacts. that's just for my email and gmail likes to add EVERYONE ive ever emailed to my contacts (and gchat) which is annoying. I always have to make sure to say "DONT SYNC CONTACTS" when i hook up gmail to my BB.
  16. #16  
    cae2685's Avatar

    Posts
    528 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    my problem is that i dont use google for my contacts. that's just for my email and gmail likes to add EVERYONE ive ever emailed to my contacts (and gchat) which is annoying. I always have to make sure to say "DONT SYNC CONTACTS" when i hook up gmail to my BB.
    You could set up a second gmail address (it's free, why not? you don't ever have to give out the address) and sync your contacts with that. Add it to your new phone as well, tell THAT address to sync contacts, and BAM you're done. That way your contacts are safely backed up (if they weren't already) and you have easy-peezy syncing.
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
  17. #17  
    DMAC55's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    I already have DINC2...been a loyal android user for quite some time now.

    My question is how many people came from a BB to the DINC2? Specifically the BB Storm/Storm2
    That describes my change in phones. I used BB for over 6 years and left a Storm 2 for the DInc2. Can't imagine going back. The integration of my corporate email/calendar/contacts is excellent. No complaints at all and a much better user experience (for me). Still learning something new every day but I would describe myself as an Android convert.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Came to Dinc2 from a Storm 2. Really did like the Storm 2, but wanted something a little faster, and got tired of waiting for the Monaco (the upcoming BB touchscreen phone). Overall I am extremely happy with the Dinc2. It was a bit of an adjustment coming over from BB, but the forums here made the transition fairly straighforward.

    The Storm 2 is now in my wife's possession, so it lives on.
  19. #19  

    Default

    I went from a storm 2 to a bold 9650 and then upgraded to the dinc2. And i couldn't be happier!

    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
  20. #20  
    dfoote626's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    CAme from BB World Edtion, 4 BB Storm-2 to the DINC-2 I have had this for 2 days and I am already happy. Great phone and email sync with company address was seamless...
  21. #21  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Storm 1 to Storm 2 to DINC2
  22. #22  
    Regulator's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    I will be coming from the Tour at the end of July.
  23. #23  
    Jennifer555's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    I had the original Storm and I'm blown away by the Incredible2! The speed, the apps, overall functionality, love it. Unfortunately my kids love it too, between Angry Birds and Monkey Preschool I barely use it when they are home!
  24. #24  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post
    Storm1 then Storm2 then D2G and now DI2. DI2 is the best phone I ever owned.
    Ditto! The hardware is just not there yet on the BB. I do miss some of the functions from the BB that I can't find on the Droid, but it gives me a few apps I may be able to write for the Droid. The app selection for the Droid is far better than the BB.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: BB to DINC2

    Blackberry Storm 9530 - DINC2. Love the Droid.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions