Hello from a former Pre Plus user

RainMan_JH

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello all just wanted to introduce myself. I am a former Palm Pre-Plus user who just switched to the Dinc2. I was (and still do) read the precentral forums multiple times a day. They have been a great resource on how to make the Pre better. I figured since I enjoyed those forums so much that I would join AC. I have already learned a lot in the last three days here, but I know I have only scratched the surface.

I am very much enjoying this phone and I feel like I am quickly growing used to the different ways to do things. If there is any advice from former pre owners on how to make the transition smoother I would greatly appreciate it.

Well that's it thanks for reading and I look forward to learning as much as possible.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome. It will be interesting to hear your perspective on coming from WebOS to Android. I hear a lot of good things about WebOS.

stabbz

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I too am a pre plus owner, that is until I ordered a new incredible 2 a couple days ago. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow and already I'm glad I made the switch. The pre plus is just too slow and palm (or HP) has seemed to forgotten all about it. It'll be interesting to experience the difference between the two OS's, as they seem from two different worlds.

RainMan_JH

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have nothing bad to say about webOS. I really enjoyed the platform. My only real complaints have been around the hardware build quality.

With that said Android I have noticed has so much developer support that webOS lacks. The homebrew devs at pre-central are absolutely invaluable but most mainstream apps were missing. This coupled with a few other personal preferences caused me to switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20