08-19-2011 01:36 PM
- anyone else having reception issues? im on my 2nd DINC2 and both of them are having reception issues. i spent almost 2 hours on a the phone with a verizon tech doing everything to the phone except taking it to a store to throw it a verizon rep. the first DINC2 i thought ok its the phone then noticed it was the 2nd phone too, so then the next thing i thought was there was a cell tower issue in my are. nope! so what gives?
are there others that are having reception issues?06-27-2011 04:04 AM
- 07-01-2011 08:26 AM
- Wow I was just about to post a reception thread. For a while I thought it was just my area. Then I thought it was just the area of the people I called most. But now that I have traveled with it some and have used it in different settings and locations, I think this phone may be the problem. It's not a huge problem, just some dropouts and garbling of a sort that I never got on my Treo on T-Mobile. So this is less about bars and more about call quality.07-05-2011 04:19 PM
- I came from AT&T and an iPhone to the DINC2. As of now I'm on my second DINC2 because of reception problems. I have much worse reception than I had with AT&T and the voice quality is also much worse. The poor voice quality is likely more of a Verizon problem due to over compression of voice packets to cram more calls into each cell. Regardless, like others my bars are all over the place and in places where I know I'm near a tower I'll still run between 92 and 105 db, which isn't good.
I really like the phone and Android OS and don't want to go back to an iPhone, but in order to get decent reception I may have to. Hopefully, when HTC rolls out Gingerbread they'll have some software fixes blended into the mix to address this problem.07-10-2011 09:33 AM
- A few things i noticed after updating.
My text messaging sound is finally correct. I had it set from day 1 and today is the 1st time it worked correctly when i got a text.
The reception does not seem any better but i dont go from 3g to 1x for no reason anymore. The 3g symbol says all the time now where rotating the phone or switching from different apps. Overall i would say the upgrade is a + right now for me.07-12-2011 08:22 AM
- 07-12-2011 08:30 AM
- This may or may not help. After getting the update I was rechecking my settings because some seemed to be reset. I noticed that by default the phone is set to run in global mode. I've reset it to cdma only and the updated the roaming via *228 and it seems to have helped I guess I will know more in a few days as to if it helps or not. I am also thinking maybe it will help with battery life to not have the second radio just running.07-12-2011 12:20 PM
- Please call htc about the poor reception this phone has. I have called them twice and they tell me to call verizon and I had called them first and they even came out and checked my area and said I am in a great signal area. So they told me to call htc and let them know about the problem which I have. They deny that they have heard of this and tell me to call verizon. So I gave them bad survey and they have been emailing me about it. Still saying there not getting any reports about low signal with the phone. So please call in and report this issue. I had switched back to the fascinate because of dropping calls and then I got a free droid charge because of it, but the droid charge has different problems. I hate htcs customer support. Thanks07-24-2011 05:29 PM
- I've had reception issues with my last three Verizon Wireless phones. Though the DI2 has been the worst. I'm inclined to believe that it is a network with VZW. They may tell you your area has great coverage but that may just mean it meets the minimum signal level for VZW which may not be enough for you.07-24-2011 07:44 PM
Sent from my Dinc2 using Tapatalk07-24-2011 08:07 PM
- 07-24-2011 08:17 PM
- Interestingly enough, I have noticed a drop in reception of 1 bar when I hold my phone with my little finger under the bottom, near the microphone.... Lol. Think it could possibly have to do with the antenna near the bottom attached to the back cover. That said, I've never had any reception issues with my phone per se. All calls and data work well. Gingerbread update also seems to have increased the 3g speed, so I have no complaints.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk07-24-2011 10:40 PM
- 07-25-2011 08:59 AM
- I've had my Dinc2 for a week now and I've got less than stellar reception. I seem to have better reception at work than I do at home. I also live in a basement apartment which makes the reception worse. My blackberry Bold worked great unless I was facing a window. It didn't matter if the window was behind me but the minute I faced the window it would drop the call. I love this phone even with the not so stellar battery life but I need the signal to be better. I guess the real test would be up in the mountains where by Bold worked like a pro.07-25-2011 10:25 PM
- I get great reception, fast data speeds and around 20 hrs battery with my inc2. I am in western ny. Beats out my d1 and Fascinate in reception performance and battery. Did you guys try a factory reset after the ota update? Also there are antennas in the battery door. Make sure it is seated properly. Also there may be a rogue app causing battery drain like mail, third party app, or sync. Also battery may need to be drained to 5% or so and then charged to full again to calibrate it. Hope this helps.
sent from my inc207-25-2011 11:17 PMLike 1
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD