Capacitive Buttons and Light

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
This is probably a a tired issue, but searching didn't help..

I use my phone as a clock and alarm clock at night. I have tried many a clock app and gone into night mode, and the damn capacitive buttons stay lit, always. I've played with the settings in the phone, and I must have missed something? My Thunderbolt never had this issue - but my OG Droid did. Any help? Thanks

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
you probably have a defective phone. whenever my Dinc2 goes into sleep mode, the buttons and all the lights turn off. you might want to go to verizon and have it checked out.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
About 25% of the time mine stay lit when I turn the phone off. You might try hitting the power button quickly after setting the mode. I have to do that right after I power off and they go off.

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
you probably have a defective phone. whenever my Dinc2 goes into sleep mode, the buttons and all the lights turn off. you might want to go to verizon and have it checked out.

If I am using the clock app that came with the phone the lights will go off, but any third party app that has worked on the several other android phones i have had doesn't work. I guess the code for control our lights is much different from other phones?

hilmar2k#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I think the OP is asking how to keep the time on the screen (using a bedside clock app) without having the capacitive buttons lit. When I lock my phone, the buttons go out, but when I try to run a bedside clock app to turn my phone into an always on clock the buttons stay lit.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
About 25% of the time mine stay lit when I turn the phone off. You might try hitting the power button quickly after setting the mode. I have to do that right after I power off and they go off.

Same hear. Hitting the power button quickly gets them to turn off too. I don't think you have a defective phone. I think this is software related.

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
well i use my phone as a clock and alarm too when charging. but i am using the HTC clock flippy widget and whenever my phone goes to sleep mode, everything is turned off except for the LED light by the earphone grill. honestly, its not that hard to grab your phone and press the power button to see the time on the lock screen.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone noticing that the Home button is not as well lit as the Search button is? Not sure if its my phone or if this is a general issue with the Dinc2's.

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone noticing that the Home button is not as well lit as the Search button is? Not sure if its my phone or if this is a general issue with the Dinc2's.

for some reason that is with all phones, including the Incredible S in europe. i think its just a design flaw as this is HTC's first phone with the auto rotating buttons.

Devinhfox

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The search button seems to be the brightest from any viewing angle.
The others are dimmer, especially when viewed from an angle.
And yes, the lights do stay on when in alarm clock mode, the even with screen dimmed. I would classify it as an oversight, as the capacitive buttons are waaay too bright to have on in a dark room.
Lol'ing at the guy's statement above that it makes the buttons easier to find in the dark.... No sh*t

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Guys, this is only an issue for me when I'm using any Clock app, although I've only tried a few.

What are known Clock apps that turn off these lights?

Please note, I am not keeping the screen off at all. the screen will be lit all night showing me the time, and the capacitive lights stay on (thus making it semi bright in my room).

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
bumping this. still looking for an app, paid or free, that anyone has used and turns off these lights. this should be a stock feature, makes no sense to be in night clock mode and have these stay on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke