EVO to INC 2

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here go from an EVO to an Incredible 2? I might be switching to Verizon and Im just wondering how performance and battery life compare.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here go from an EVO to an Incredible 2? I might be switching to Verizon and Im just wondering how performance and battery life compare.

This may not help you but I came from a Thunderbolt to an Incredible2. I've played around with EVO's in the store, but nothing more than that.

Speed wise the TBOLT & DINC2 are indistinguishable (I'm speaking only of phone runnning/opening apps & genereal OS speed, not 3G vs. 4G LTE obviously).

As far as battery life, my DINC2 gets about twice the life of what I got off of the TBOLT. Again I don't know about the EVO, but in my time with the TBOLT, some days I'd get good battery life, & others would be horrible, with the same use day to day & I couldn't find any apps cuasing the drain. I don't live in an LTE covered area so the 4G LTE battery drain doesn't come into play here. Basically there is no problem getting a day out of it. I'm a moderate user & I can get 2 days out of it.

Basically IMHO, coming from an EVO to DINC2, you'll get a better screen (color & clarity), better camera (both 8MP but the DINC2 has a better sensor), better battery life (if the EVO & TBOLT are comparable), & a snappier processor (EVO = 1st gen Snapdragon, DINC2 = 2nd gen Snapdragon like on the MT4G, G2, Desire series, & TBOLT).

You'll be losing some screen size, WiMax data speeds, kickstand, & currently the ability to root (although it's right around the corner for Froyo OS).

As far as feel & ease of use you might wanna take your EVO in & compare it to the DINC2. Hope that helps.