Former Fascinate owners

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here come to the Inc2 from a Fascinate? My wife and daughter were due for an upgrade and my daughter opted for the free Fascinate. I liked the phone and was blown away by the screen. My wife has the original incredible, and picked up a free fascinate too. I have the opportunity to return the Fascinates and get the incredible 2s for free. We all had Original Incs, I went to the Tbolt a couple of months ago, and am not sure if that was the best choice.

The Facinates are nice looking phones, but I'm already seeing lag, like when you slide side to side on the home screens, and am afraid it's only going to get worse. Part of my concern I'm sure is just not being used to anything but HTC Sense.

Part of the draw is just having something diferrent to play with, and the screens were awsome.

Do any former owners prefer the fascinate over the Dinc2?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here come to the Inc2 from a Fascinate? My wife and daughter were due for an upgrade and my daughter opted for the free Fascinate. I liked the phone and was blown away by the screen. My wife has the original incredible, and picked up a free fascinate too. I have the opportunity to return the Fascinates and get the incredible 2s for free. We all had Original Incs, I went to the Tbolt a couple of months ago, and am not sure if that was the best choice.

The Facinates are nice looking phones, but I'm already seeing lag, like when you slide side to side on the home screens, and am afraid it's only going to get worse. Part of my concern I'm sure is just not being used to anything but HTC Sense.

Part of the draw is just having something diferrent to play with, and the screens were awsome.

The fascinate is a nice phone, however it's a year old. It also has bing on it, instead of google. The screen does look better than the inc 2 but it's just with colors. Texts and whites look better on the inc2. The inc2 also has more ram, and a front facing cam. Also the fascinate has a lot of software problems. I would go with the inc2 I mean your signing a two year contract you should get something thats a little more future proof. Battery life is amazing on the inc2. it's also got sense 2.1 so you can change the look of it with skins. I still have my fascinate, and I have the inc2. So that's what I think.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
If you like touch wiz from the fascinate go with the droid charge, it has a screen even better than the fascinate. Plus the charge is 4g.

fezzesarecool

May 2, 2011
Visit site
i came to the dinc2 after getting verizon to take back our fascinates. my wife and i both had them, and i couldn't find a rom that was stable on the damn thing. piece of crap. i love the dinc2 though. it's far better in just about every way, though i will be jumping on an aosp rom as soon as i can. sense isn't for me.

psapman

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a Fascinate and (the original) Incredible, and my son and daughter have Incredible 2's. Both phones have their strengths and weaknesses. My main concern with the Incredible 2 at this point is no permanent root, and no custom roms. That aside I probably like the HTC phones a bit better than the Fascinate due to many of the reasons the previous posters have made, but the Fascinate is a good phone, too.

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

I have the Incredible 2 now and you couldn't get me to go back to my Fascinate for anything!!! I've had the Thunderbolt, the *phone, (sold those things after only a week with each of them) I've still got the Droid X, Original Incredible, Eris, Original Droid and various through work and personal use almost every BB since the 957 came out way back when.

Incredible 2 is the best for me. Hope this helps.

somdfisher#AC

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the dinc2 for a replacement for my Fascinate. I haven't gotten it yet so I can't comment on it. I had A LOT of issues with my Fascinate and they sent a company wide email to Tech support and their stores to replace them if customers are having problems.

I would exchange though.

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I, too, have been offered the dinc2 as a possible resolution to my Fascinate's issues. Physically, they are close in size. I tried to find one at my VZW store to hold that wasn't cabled down, but was unsuccessful. I like the idea of the ffc, but without Skye currently available, that negates its benefit for me.
I don't know that I care to play the waiting game on a fix for the fascinate, so I'm leaning towards the replacement...

Jrid32

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just made the jump to the Inc2 and should have it delivered by Saturday. Actually picked the Inc2 over the Charge...

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the the fascinate and was given the dinc 2 as a replacement from Verizon and would never look back! What a great device so smooth and no issues here at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze