Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: My Guess of the HTC Fireball

Quote Originally Posted by mgindi26 View Post
    My number 1 question on my next phone will be battery life. I have a fascinate now, it used to be a beautiful phone but the battery was not good. So i got the extend battery and now i get a full 16 hour day, BUT the extended battery killed the beautiful look of the phone and made it look like it has a huge ****. plus why should i have to spend extra for a phone to last the day without getting charged?
    Now that Motorola has shown that you can have a smartphone AND long battery life with it's Razr Maxx, plus surveys showing that battery life is the number 1 thing people want fromtheir next phone any phone that doesntprovide that is not a smartphone but a pretty dumb one.
    the s4 processor has integrated lte on the chip which is supposed to help with battery life and which was the main cause of awful battery life in lte phones previously that used qualcomm processors. Guess we shall see if this really helps in the new processor.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by venious View Post
    HTC Press Release - Read the Latest HTC Mobile Phone News

Here is a blurb. Check the link above for all of the global "140 mobile operators and distributors". I see no Verizon here, and maybe Verizon is starting to shut them out due to their unlock policy.

Global Availability
    With unprecedented excitement, the HTC One series will begin shipping in April with broad global availability available beginning in April through more than 140 mobile operators and distributors globally. For more information and to pre-register for HTC One visit HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs.

HTC One Series
    North America:AT&T, Bell Mobility, Best Buy, C-Spire, Cellcom, Fido, Metro PCS, Bluegrass, OpenMobile, RadioShack, Rogers Communications, T-Mobile USA, Target, TELUS, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, Virgin Mobile Canada
    I don't see Sprint on there and the EVO 4G LTE is definitely a customized version of the One X for Sprint. I know HTC is working to get some branding like the Samsung Galaxy line BUT in the US the carriers have the hammer and I'm sure some version of the One X, S, V will be on Verizon in some shape. HTC has sold a lot of phones on Verizon - Dinc, Dinc 2, T-Bolt, Rezound, Rhyme (actually sold quite well for Verizon - customized version of the Dinc 2). All except the T-Bolt are very nice phones and have sold very well.

C'mon HTC, Give me slimmer HSPA+ Rezound with a S4 pro fueled by a 1900+ battery

You're almost there with the One series (the one x is SO big...) !
    Nfc and wireless changing would an excellent addition.
    And on screen buttons also !

You have the rest of the year to release it
    Banned

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.3.3

It comes with Incredible Series traditional shape, please with the HD display and sense 4.0!

If that are the specification the phone gonna be really awesome.
    Harrison Ford

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noble.Four View Post
    If it had those specs and had the HD screen, I'd probably buy it. qHD would be a deal breaker. Anything but an S4 would be a deal breaker.

Pretty much as close to the One X as possible.

Rabble rabble rabble.
    Well - I guess you'll need a different phone - the Inc 4G WILL NOT be a VZW version of the One X - bet money on it.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    Well - I guess you'll need a different phone - the Inc 4G WILL NOT be a VZW version of the One X - bet money on it.
    Yeah. I know. That post was really old. Looks like the Inc 3 is going to be the One S. Because Verizon is dumb.

Rabble rabble rabble.
    k6tcher likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Noble.Four View Post
    Yeah. I know. That post was really old. Looks like the Inc 3 is going to be the One S. Because Verizon is dumb.

Rabble rabble rabble.
    The only thing the X has over the S is the screen.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    The only thing the X has over the S is the screen.
    The screen is the most important part of any smartphone.
    k6tcher likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by modern View Post
    The screen is the most important part of any smartphone.
    And the one s screen is still pretty damn good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Rezound is an outstanding phone and it is from HTC. IT's right up there with the Nexus and Droid offering currently on VZW and it was released 6 months ago.

People are fretting about VZW and HTC's involvement with each other for no reason. HTC does not throw a phone out every 6 months on a carrier like Moto does. HTC had the first 4G phone on the market for Verizon and the T-bolt did extremly well considering the early growing pains with LTE. Even though it is not being sold by Verizon anymore they are still selling on line fore hundreds of dollars.

The Rezound is an awesome phone and when it first came out it got plenty of press. VZW advertises their latest and greatest. This is just how it goes.

The next HTC phone for VZW will be the best that HTC has to offer. They are not going to throw some medium phone out on the market with the biggest carrier in the US.

ROM
    CM7.2 / Incredikernel

Quote Originally Posted by kulk35 View Post
    The Rezound is an outstanding phone and it is from HTC. IT's right up there with the Nexus and Droid offering currently on VZW and it was released 6 months ago.

People are fretting about VZW and HTC's involvement with each other for no reason. HTC does not throw a phone out every 6 months on a carrier like Moto does. HTC had the first 4G phone on the market for Verizon and the T-bolt did extremly well considering the early growing pains with LTE. Even though it is not being sold by Verizon anymore they are still selling on line fore hundreds of dollars.

The Rezound is an awesome phone and when it first came out it got plenty of press. VZW advertises their latest and greatest. This is just how it goes.

The next HTC phone for VZW will be the best that HTC has to offer. They are not going to throw some medium phone out on the market with the biggest carrier in the US.
    Im sure the Incredible 4G will be a nice phone but I don't think it will be the best that HTC has to offer.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The last paragraph is patently false considering the existence of the one series.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    The last paragraph is patently false considering the existence of the one series.

How so?

Irregardless of your response I will add a caveat. Should HTC give a phone that is a marginal upgrade over the rezound that is only because that phone has been in the works for a while, which I understand. However I fully expect HTC to give Verizon a phone that will be the benchmark for the next round of phones. Based on the release time Moto and Samsung will than throw out their ground breaking phones along with the iphone. The process will start all over again 4 months after that.

RE: One X, Quad core is nice but other than the improved battery life it gives the processing power is overkill atm.

1900mA Integrated battery, blah. 16Gb storage blah. I'll take my rezound over the current One X right now based on what it offers and what my needs are.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

How so?

Irregardless of your response I will add a caveat. Should HTC give a phone that is a marginal upgrade over the rezound that is only because that phone has been in the works for a while, which I understand. However I fully expect HTC to give Verizon a phone that will be the benchmark for the next round of phones. Based on the release time Moto and Samsung will than throw out their ground breaking phones along with the iphone. The process will start all over again 4 months after that.

RE: One X, Quad core is nice but other than the improved battery life it gives the processing power is overkill atm.

1900mA Integrated battery, blah. 16Gb storage blah. I'll take my rezound over the current One X right now based on what it offers and what my needs are.
    It's false because the one series is the best HTC has to offer, and the incredible 4g is not one of them. It has bits and pieces, but it is not the whole package. This is a mid-range phone and nothing more.

Where does it say that Verizon is getting its version of the One X?

ATT- HTC One X
    T Mobile- HTC One S
    Sprint- HTC Evo 4G LTE
    Verizon- HTC Incredible 4G
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidBlizzard View Post
    Where does it say that Verizon is getting its version of the One X?

ATT- HTC One X
    T Mobile- HTC One S
    Sprint- HTC Evo 4G LTE
    Verizon- HTC Incredible 4G
    The DInc4g is not a One phone and does not belong grouped with the other three.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12