My Guess of the HTC Fireball

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I see no Verizon here, and maybe Verizon is starting to shut them out due to their unlock policy.

Doubt this, as VZW did get the nexus, and will be carrying the fireball (incredible hd/4g/whatever they are gonna call it).

VZW has always been behind the ball for top HTC phones. Not really sure what VZW's fascination with Motorola is, seems like Moto puts out a new "top of the line" phone for VZW every other week (Bionic, Razr, Razr Maxx, Fighter, plus Droid 4, DX2, Droid 3, whatever else they put out)...in the mean time, since thunderbolt VZW has put out Incredible 2, ReZound (which admittedly is pretty cool, but its no one x), and Rhyme...now we get another Incredible remake?

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Verizon likes moto because they sell well and the company is probably easier to work with compared to HTC. HTC probably doesn't want to be restricted by the Droid baggage and limitations, and Verizon doesn't want HTC taking sales from the high dollar moto and Samsung releases. My prediction is that the fireball will fit in the mid tier, but it will be no One series phone. Expect a One phone for Verizon after the popularity soars, in 6 to 12 months.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My number 1 question on my next phone will be battery life. I have a fascinate now, it used to be a beautiful phone but the battery was not good. So i got the extend battery and now i get a full 16 hour day, BUT the extended battery killed the beautiful look of the phone and made it look like it has a huge butt.:-! plus why should i have to spend extra for a phone to last the day without getting charged?
Now that Motorola has shown that you can have a smartphone AND long battery life with it's Razr Maxx, plus surveys showing that battery life is the number 1 thing people want fromtheir next phone any phone that doesntprovide that is not a smartphone but a pretty dumb one.

albertgeorge

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I can see if having a 720p screen, but if qhd. I dont see the point of coming out with a phone after the rezound, that is worst than the rezound. But has sense 4? huh..

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I can see if having a 720p screen, but if qhd. I dont see the point of coming out with a phone after the rezound, that is worst than the rezound. But has sense 4? huh..

That is because it has the s4 processor which blows the s3 in the rezound out of the water. Most likely this would be priced lower than the normal "high end" android lte phones since the inc line is no longer considered top of the line in verizon's eyes.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
My number 1 question on my next phone will be battery life. I have a fascinate now, it used to be a beautiful phone but the battery was not good. So i got the extend battery and now i get a full 16 hour day, BUT the extended battery killed the beautiful look of the phone and made it look like it has a huge butt.:-! plus why should i have to spend extra for a phone to last the day without getting charged?
Now that Motorola has shown that you can have a smartphone AND long battery life with it's Razr Maxx, plus surveys showing that battery life is the number 1 thing people want fromtheir next phone any phone that doesntprovide that is not a smartphone but a pretty dumb one.

the s4 processor has integrated lte on the chip which is supposed to help with battery life and which was the main cause of awful battery life in lte phones previously that used qualcomm processors. Guess we shall see if this really helps in the new processor.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
HTC Press Release - Read the Latest HTC Mobile Phone News

Here is a blurb. Check the link above for all of the global "140 mobile operators and distributors". I see no Verizon here, and maybe Verizon is starting to shut them out due to their unlock policy.

Global Availability
With unprecedented excitement, the HTC One series will begin shipping in April with broad global availability available beginning in April through more than 140 mobile operators and distributors globally. For more information and to pre-register for HTC One visit HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs.

HTC One Series
North America:AT&T, Bell Mobility, Best Buy, C-Spire, Cellcom, Fido, Metro PCS, Bluegrass, OpenMobile, RadioShack, Rogers Communications, T-Mobile USA, Target, TELUS, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, Virgin Mobile Canada

I don't see Sprint on there and the EVO 4G LTE is definitely a customized version of the One X for Sprint. I know HTC is working to get some branding like the Samsung Galaxy line BUT in the US the carriers have the hammer and I'm sure some version of the One X, S, V will be on Verizon in some shape. HTC has sold a lot of phones on Verizon - Dinc, Dinc 2, T-Bolt, Rezound, Rhyme (actually sold quite well for Verizon - customized version of the Dinc 2). All except the T-Bolt are very nice phones and have sold very well.

Hbomber110

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
C'mon HTC, Give me slimmer HSPA+ Rezound with a S4 pro fueled by a 1900+ battery

You're almost there with the One series (the one x is SO big...) !
Nfc and wireless changing would an excellent addition.
And on screen buttons also !

You have the rest of the year to release it ;)

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If it had those specs and had the HD screen, I'd probably buy it. qHD would be a deal breaker. Anything but an S4 would be a deal breaker.

Pretty much as close to the One X as possible.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Well - I guess you'll need a different phone - the Inc 4G WILL NOT be a VZW version of the One X - bet money on it.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Well - I guess you'll need a different phone - the Inc 4G WILL NOT be a VZW version of the One X - bet money on it.

Yeah. I know. That post was really old. Looks like the Inc 3 is going to be the One S. Because Verizon is dumb.

Rabble rabble rabble.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The Rezound is an outstanding phone and it is from HTC. IT's right up there with the Nexus and Droid offering currently on VZW and it was released 6 months ago.

People are fretting about VZW and HTC's involvement with each other for no reason. HTC does not throw a phone out every 6 months on a carrier like Moto does. HTC had the first 4G phone on the market for Verizon and the T-bolt did extremly well considering the early growing pains with LTE. Even though it is not being sold by Verizon anymore they are still selling on line fore hundreds of dollars.

The Rezound is an awesome phone and when it first came out it got plenty of press. VZW advertises their latest and greatest. This is just how it goes.

The next HTC phone for VZW will be the best that HTC has to offer. They are not going to throw some medium phone out on the market with the biggest carrier in the US.

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
The Rezound is an outstanding phone and it is from HTC. IT's right up there with the Nexus and Droid offering currently on VZW and it was released 6 months ago.

People are fretting about VZW and HTC's involvement with each other for no reason. HTC does not throw a phone out every 6 months on a carrier like Moto does. HTC had the first 4G phone on the market for Verizon and the T-bolt did extremly well considering the early growing pains with LTE. Even though it is not being sold by Verizon anymore they are still selling on line fore hundreds of dollars.

The Rezound is an awesome phone and when it first came out it got plenty of press. VZW advertises their latest and greatest. This is just how it goes.

The next HTC phone for VZW will be the best that HTC has to offer. They are not going to throw some medium phone out on the market with the biggest carrier in the US.

Im sure the Incredible 4G will be a nice phone but I don't think it will be the best that HTC has to offer.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

The last paragraph is patently false considering the existence of the one series.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The last paragraph is patently false considering the existence of the one series.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

How so?

Irregardless of your response I will add a caveat. Should HTC give a phone that is a marginal upgrade over the rezound that is only because that phone has been in the works for a while, which I understand. However I fully expect HTC to give Verizon a phone that will be the benchmark for the next round of phones. Based on the release time Moto and Samsung will than throw out their ground breaking phones along with the iphone. The process will start all over again 4 months after that.

RE: One X, Quad core is nice but other than the improved battery life it gives the processing power is overkill atm.

1900mA Integrated battery, blah. 16Gb storage blah. I'll take my rezound over the current One X right now based on what it offers and what my needs are.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
How so?

Irregardless of your response I will add a caveat. Should HTC give a phone that is a marginal upgrade over the rezound that is only because that phone has been in the works for a while, which I understand. However I fully expect HTC to give Verizon a phone that will be the benchmark for the next round of phones. Based on the release time Moto and Samsung will than throw out their ground breaking phones along with the iphone. The process will start all over again 4 months after that.

RE: One X, Quad core is nice but other than the improved battery life it gives the processing power is overkill atm.

1900mA Integrated battery, blah. 16Gb storage blah. I'll take my rezound over the current One X right now based on what it offers and what my needs are.

It's false because the one series is the best HTC has to offer, and the incredible 4g is not one of them. It has bits and pieces, but it is not the whole package. This is a mid-range phone and nothing more.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance