New leaked pics!!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how to approach of this one.

I am of the mind that bigger is better. I think the GNex is perfect, the Note is the extreme.

That being said, It is a bit disturbing that the manufacturers are starting to look at if they want to make a high end or "flagship-for-the-week" phone it has to have a 4.5+ screen. They can put high end specs in a 4" screen.

I think that anything below 4" is going the way of the dinosaur if it hasn't already.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how to approach of this one.

I am of the mind that bigger is better. I think the GNex is perfect, the Note is the extreme.

That being said, It is a bit disturbing that the manufacturers are starting to look at if they want to make a high end or "flagship-for-the-week" phone it has to have a 4.5+ screen. They can put high end specs in a 4" screen.

I think that anything below 4" is going the way of the dinosaur if it hasn't already.

I'm not sure if it's demand or if the manufacturer's are pushing larger screens for a better margin. I think 4" is the perfect size (I might be able to put up with a 4.3"). Those dinosaur iPhones with non-expandable memory, sealed batteries and minuscule screens sure do have a tough time selling (37.4 million last quarter). I still don't understand why the specs of the Dinc 4G are being panned so bad - 1.2 GHz (I know 1.5 is top end) 28 nm process S4, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB onboard memory with Micro SD expansion, 8 MP ImageSense Chip rear camera, removable replaceable battery, 4" qHD SLCD (960x540) - highest res 4" display because as far as I know there are NO 4" 720P displays - willing to bet the dpi on this will be around 300 which means it should look VERY NICE, integrated LTE on 28 nm should be a huge boost to battery life, Sense 4.0 (I'm weird - I like Sense on my stock Dinc 2) - I don't know what else everyone else is looking for - if these specs are correct this is my next phone with no compromises I can find - so why don't you go somewhere else to put down or complain.

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the phone sounds nice. I was wanting between a 4.3" - 4.7" screen on my next phone but 4" is good. I'll probably wait a few weeks after it's released and see how many dev's pick up this phone.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Those dinosaur iPhones with non-expandable memory, sealed batteries and minuscule screens sure do have a tough time selling (37.4 million last quarter).

I was speaking strictly of Android Phones, nothing to do with the Apple thing.

I was messing around tonight at the cell phone store in Target.

I held the Note before, and I think I was talking myself into it, but tonight I realized that my "sweet" spot is the Nexus or the Charge. I just switched to the Rezound from the Charge and miss the width of it. The Rezound is just a tad small in that regard even though it has the same diagonal screen size...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I was speaking strictly of Android Phones, nothing to do with the Apple thing.

I was messing around tonight at the cell phone store in Target.

I held the Note before, and I think I was talking myself into it, but tonight I realized that my "sweet" spot is the Nexus or the Charge. I just switched to the Rezound from the Charge and miss the width of it. The Rezound is just a tad small in that regard even though it has the same diagonal screen size...

You won't find any phones with that older width unless you go with a bigger screen. The charge has a non standard display ratio, while the nexus, rezound, and all the new phones have a 16:9 ratio.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You won't find any phones with that older width unless you go with a bigger screen. The charge has a non standard display ratio, while the nexus, rezound, and all the new phones have a 16:9 ratio.

Yeah I noticed that so I am guessing that my next phone is going to be about the size of the nexus.

Snowbawll

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who actually likes this phone...everyone is about having the biggest phone...I hate giant phones my dinc 2 now is perfect size..easy to.hold easy on the pocket..and I can last all day and.night on a single charge, face it there is a market for phones like these..it has Android 4.0, LTE, nfc, and all the same things your big phone has...

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who actually likes this phone...everyone is about having the biggest phone...I hate giant phones my dinc 2 now is perfect size..easy to.hold easy on the pocket..and I can last all day and.night on a single charge, face it there is a market for phones like these..it has Android 4.0, LTE, nfc, and all the same things your big phone has...

Well, I would prefer a 4.3 screen, but can live with 4". But I'm not paying more than $150 for it.

npco543

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who actually likes this phone...

No, you're not the only one. If I stay with Verizon, this is the phone I'll most likely be getting.

I have to shake my head when people immediately b*^ch and moan because of the 4 inch screen. Yea, it's 4 inches, if you don't like it, there's plenty of other phones to choose from since pretty much every other new phone has a 4.3 to 4.7 inch screen. Give us (those that don't want to talk on a tablet) at least ONE stinking phone with a reasonable size screen.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have to shake my head when people immediately b*^ch and moan because of the 4 inch screen. Yea, it's 4 inches, if you don't like it, there's plenty of other phones to choose from since pretty much every other new phone has a 4.3 to 4.7 inch screen. Give us (those that don't want to talk on a tablet) at least ONE stinking phone with a reasonable size screen.

I don't understand that either. Personally I like the larger screen on my nexus, I dislike the note because it's too big, and for me 4 is to small.

However,I don't expect every Tom Dick and Harry in the world to have the same tastes as I do. My wife dislikes my nexus due to the screen size and likes the smaller screen size. Hopefully they will continue to make screens of varying size so people can have a device they are happy with.

I'm willing to bet even though people bash it because of the screen size it will still be a big seller.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand that either. Personally I like the larger screen on my nexus, I dislike the note because it's too big, and for me 4 is to small.

However,I don't expect every Tom Dick and Harry in the world to have the same tastes as I do. My wife dislikes my nexus due to the screen size and likes the smaller screen size. Hopefully they will continue to make screens of varying size so people can have a device they are happy with.

I'm willing to bet even though people bash it because of the screen size it will still be a big seller.

this is true. people tend to automatically dislike what they have an issue with. Me personally I love the incredible series. I've owned the dinc and dinc2 and they both were great. Recently I upgraded to a rezound off contract due to the fact that I get a full upgrade in December and I was looking at this phone. If I dinn't have my rezound and had an upgrade available I would get this device. I don't mind 4inch screens. But honestly a 4.3 is not bad either as long as the phone is not super wide. The rezound has one and it doesnt feel any different in hand or up against my face than my dinc 2 did. So it's more of a personal thing for people but like you said it doesnt mean they should bash the people who like smaller phones.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance