Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New leaked pics!!

[Exclusive] First Images And Details Of The Verizon HTC Incredible 4G Surface

Looking good. Hopefully it does have a 4 inch screen. No need for another huge android phone.

Default Re: New leaked pics!!

For incredible fans, this is probably a welcomed design.
    I am not impressed and it is because of the screen... maybe the processor too. But I guess we'll have to wait to see about that.
    And that red Power button is funky!
    This phone by no means is in the same leauge with the One S.
    Oh well... another "pass" on a lackluster phone from Verizon.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by k6tcher View Post
    For incredible fans, this is probably a welcomed design.
    I am not impressed and it is because of the screen... maybe the processor too. But I guess we'll have to wait to see about that.
    And that red Power button is funky!
    This phone by no means is in the same leauge with the One S.
    Oh well... another "pass" on a lackluster phone from Verizon.
    Boohoo go run and cry because this has only a qhd screen. If it does have the s4 it will outperform any phone on verizon but nothing is good enough for you

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Boohoo go run and cry because this has only a qhd screen. If it does have the s4 it will outperform any phone on verizon but nothing is good enough for you
    Not just because it has a low-res pentile screen but also because I have diabetes and need a higher-res and larger screen to see with my bad eyes. Geez.. don't be such a [insert obligatory name for someone who is just rude and awful].
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Not just because it has a low-res pentile screen but also because I have diabetes and need a higher-res and larger screen to see with my bad eyes. Geez.. don't be such a [insert obligatory name for someone who is just rude and awful].
    then why comment on it in the first place when clearly it isn't something that works for you? Not to mention it will still be pretty decent pixel count with 4inch screen. Not to mention .3 doesnt make much of a difference especially for someone with diabetes. Various members of my family have it and they dont need 6 inch screens....
    Last edited by Premium1; 04-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.

For once I think you are right. I should not have posted in athread started by YOU. I just figured since I was interested in the OneX and OneS, I would keep up with news on the posibility of Verizon getting a phone by HTC that would be close to one of them. I was hoping the Fireball would be between the OneS and OneX. It clearly isn't.

P.S. look up "significant macular edemia (spelling?)". Straight lines look like curves to me. The more compact the screen is, the harder it is to make things out quickly. You sir, are heartless and cruel with your attacks.
    Thanked by:
    onthewhole likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

For once I think you are right. I should not have posted in athread started by YOU. I just figured since I was interested in the OneX and OneS, I would keep up with news on the posibility of Verizon getting a phone by HTC that would be close to one of them. I was hoping the Fireball would be between the OneS and OneX. It clearly isn't.

P.S. look up "significant macular edemia (spelling?)". Straight lines look like curves to me. The more compact the screen is, the harder it is to make things out quickly. You sir, are heartless and cruel with your attacks.
    Nobody is attacking you I was just stating a point.

then why comment on it in the first place when clearly it isn't something that works for you? Not to mention it will still be pretty decent pixel count with 4inch screen. Not to mention .3 doesnt make much of a difference especially for someone with diabetes. Various members of my family have it and they dont need 6 inch screens....
    Nice way to EDIT this post to make it sound less aggressive on your part.

Also, "nobody" was attacking me. . . it was just YOU.

But I am done. I want to apologize for posting my (admittedly) unfavorable comments on the Verizon Fireball phone in a thread you started. I promise to never post in a thread started by you again. This should make things better for both of us.

Take care, fella.

I'm so unimpressed with how this turned out. Happy for those of you that like thick phones with small pentile screens though.

Hopefully Sprint formally announces their LTE plans for Los Angeles soon. Combined with a 30 dollar upgrade fee, I really don't see any benefit to settling for this thing.
    k6tcher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    I'm so unimpressed with how this turned out. Happy for those of you that like thick phones with small pentile screens though.

Hopefully Sprint formally announces their LTE plans for Los Angeles soon. Combined with a 30 dollar upgrade fee, I really don't see any benefit to settling for this thing.
    Word. This is what I would upgrade to if I had no other choice. But def not worth getting locked into a 2 year contract...
    k6tcher likes this.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Where does it talk about a pentile screen? I didn't see that and thought htc didn't use that technology.?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

[Exclusive] First Images And Details Of The Verizon HTC Incredible 4G Surface

Looking good. Hopefully it does have a 4 inch screen. No need for another huge android phone.
    I dont understand how you think 4.3" phones are huge. Im a tiny kid and 4.3" seems small at times.
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by albertgeorge View Post
    I dont understand how you think 4.3" phones are huge. Im a tiny kid and 4.3" seems small at times.
    So much wasted space on current 4.3 phones with huge bezels( razr comes to mind) Just could fit larger screens in the same size but like I said I would rather have 4" than 4.3+. That's just me
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So much wasted space on current 4.3 phones with huge bezels( razr comes to mind) Just could fit larger screens in the same size but like I said I would rather have 4" than 4.3+. That's just me
    The RAZR is an outlier, because it has larger bezels to make up for the lack of space caused by its thin-ness. It is bigger than my Nexus with a 4.65 inch screen.

After looking at the phone the phone looks awesome.
    Harrison Ford

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I've used everything from iPhones to the Note and I personally like the OG DInc (3.8) and DInc 2 screen sizes. Larger than 4" and I can't get to the top right corner of the screen one handed with out juggling the phone a bit. (I'm left handed) And since the top left hand corner is where all the menu options went, I use it a lot.

I wish it was more like the One X in specs with a 4"screen, but the One S is good too. If it has the One series camera, like they speculated it might in the log post, that will be a big plus.

EDIT: It would be nice too if they started putting decent batteries in these things too. 1700 is not going to be big enough for heavy usage. At least it has a removable battery and Sideo will have a 3800 for it soon.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    I've used everything from iPhones to the Note and I personally like the OG DInc (3.8) and DInc 2 screen sizes. Larger than 4" and I can't get to the top right corner of the screen one handed with out juggling the phone a bit. (I'm left handed) And since the top left hand corner is where all the menu options went, I use it a lot.

I wish it was more like the One X in specs with a 4"screen, but the One S is good too. If it has the One series camera, like they speculated it might in the log post, that will be a big plus.

EDIT: It would be nice too if they started putting decent batteries in these things too. 1700 is not going to be big enough for heavy usage. At least it has a removable battery and Sideo will have a 3800 for it soon.
    1700 is a lot bigger than what usually sgips in the box. I always expect 1300/1400 max. Then again, I'm thinking non lte devices here.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    TouchWiz/Android 4.3

Well, even after reading those specs over and over ad nauseam, it's still the phone I am most likely to get to replace my OG DInc. (The thought of that already makes me sad) But I am waiting for the true price to drop. $100-$200 is a good price for this phone. Hopefully it will get supported long after release and not given the shaft 6 months after it comes out.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

On the bright side... It looks like all the OEM's have slowed down releases this year. I think by this time last year VZW had several Moto, LG and HTC phones out. One of the reasons the DInc 2 got so little love for a really good phone.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

I am still not sold on it. I was really holding out for the OneX or something similar in spec
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Not sure how to approach of this one.

I am of the mind that bigger is better. I think the GNex is perfect, the Note is the extreme.

That being said, It is a bit disturbing that the manufacturers are starting to look at if they want to make a high end or "flagship-for-the-week" phone it has to have a 4.5+ screen. They can put high end specs in a 4" screen.

I think that anything below 4" is going the way of the dinosaur if it hasn't already.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Not sure how to approach of this one.

I am of the mind that bigger is better. I think the GNex is perfect, the Note is the extreme.

That being said, It is a bit disturbing that the manufacturers are starting to look at if they want to make a high end or "flagship-for-the-week" phone it has to have a 4.5+ screen. They can put high end specs in a 4" screen.

I think that anything below 4" is going the way of the dinosaur if it hasn't already.
    I'm not sure if it's demand or if the manufacturer's are pushing larger screens for a better margin. I think 4" is the perfect size (I might be able to put up with a 4.3"). Those dinosaur iPhones with non-expandable memory, sealed batteries and minuscule screens sure do have a tough time selling (37.4 million last quarter). I still don't understand why the specs of the Dinc 4G are being panned so bad - 1.2 GHz (I know 1.5 is top end) 28 nm process S4, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB onboard memory with Micro SD expansion, 8 MP ImageSense Chip rear camera, removable replaceable battery, 4" qHD SLCD (960x540) - highest res 4" display because as far as I know there are NO 4" 720P displays - willing to bet the dpi on this will be around 300 which means it should look VERY NICE, integrated LTE on 28 nm should be a huge boost to battery life, Sense 4.0 (I'm weird - I like Sense on my stock Dinc 2) - I don't know what else everyone else is looking for - if these specs are correct this is my next phone with no compromises I can find - so why don't you go somewhere else to put down or complain.

ROM
    CM7.2 / Incredikernel

I think the phone sounds nice. I was wanting between a 4.3" - 4.7" screen on my next phone but 4" is good. I'll probably wait a few weeks after it's released and see how many dev's pick up this phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    Those dinosaur iPhones with non-expandable memory, sealed batteries and minuscule screens sure do have a tough time selling (37.4 million last quarter).
    I was speaking strictly of Android Phones, nothing to do with the Apple thing.

I was messing around tonight at the cell phone store in Target.

I held the Note before, and I think I was talking myself into it, but tonight I realized that my "sweet" spot is the Nexus or the Charge. I just switched to the Rezound from the Charge and miss the width of it. The Rezound is just a tad small in that regard even though it has the same diagonal screen size...
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I was speaking strictly of Android Phones, nothing to do with the Apple thing.

I was messing around tonight at the cell phone store in Target.

I held the Note before, and I think I was talking myself into it, but tonight I realized that my "sweet" spot is the Nexus or the Charge. I just switched to the Rezound from the Charge and miss the width of it. The Rezound is just a tad small in that regard even though it has the same diagonal screen size...
    You won't find any phones with that older width unless you go with a bigger screen. The charge has a non standard display ratio, while the nexus, rezound, and all the new phones have a 16:9 ratio.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast