The Droid Incredible 4G LTE is NOT an HTC One phone

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm seeing other blogs try to say it is. It's not.

The main difference is that it doesn't have the ImageSense processor. The camera UI is skinned to look more like the HTC One phones, but the DInc 4G is NOT an HTC One device.

Just FYI.

Reactions: k6tcher and Ry

BoostHungry

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So how much will this negatively effect the camera? I'm getting this phone no matter what, but was hoping the camera would be outstanding.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE
8 megapixel camera with autofocus, LED flash, BSI, f/2.2 and 28 mm lens

HTC Rezound
8.0 megapixel camera with auto focus, f/2.2, 28mm wide angle lens

HTC ONE S
8 megapixel camera with auto focus, smart LED flash, and BSI, f2.0 aperture and 28mm lens

npco543

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
First of all, thank you Phill. I'm tired of hearing everyone report that this is a One variant. It's clearly not. It's an upgrade to the Incredible line... which is a completely different line than the One. Which is fine.

******* and a bunch of other explicatives. I'll keep my DINC 2 then until a one series is on Verizon

I'm waiting to see if Verizon gets something along the lines of a One S, but if they don't in a few months, I'll happily replace my Inc2 with this. It's a great mid-tier phone. I will absolutely not buy anything with a larger screen than the One S, I don't need quad cores, so if I can't have the sexyness of the One S, I would be perfectly happy with this. It's a perfectly usable phone in an perfectly reasonable form factor.

Last edited:

dapercy

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Question about the Dinc 4g camera. Does it shoot 2 or more pics a second. If so I'll probably be happy. I don't expect world class photos from my phone, but hated the shutter lag on my DX.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Question about the Dinc 4g camera. Does it shoot 2 or more pics a second. If so I'll probably be happy. I don't expect world class photos from my phone, but hated the shutter lag on my DX.

Check in with Rezound owners and reviews.

CZEN2

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So even though its similar its not as good as a one X. I don't know whats up with Verizon it seems like if it ain't a droid there not interested I guess if i want a premier phone im going to have to switch carriers. This has been my problem with Verizon the five years i have been with them great network good service average phones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So even though its similar its not as good as a one X. I don't know whats up with Verizon it seems like if it ain't a droid there not interested I guess if i want a premier phone im going to have to switch carriers. This has been my problem with Verizon the five years i have been with them great network good service average phones.

Um. The DROID Incredible is part of the DROID line.

CZEN2

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Um. The DROID Incredible is part of the DROID line.

I know that do I have to name every droid phone ? plus your missing the whole point of my statement the point i was trying to make is that to me Verizon seems to want every android phone to have the Droid stamp on it ( I know there are exceptions) or they don't want anything to do with it. They seem to always be late to the party when it comes to the latest and greatest I was holding out of the one x and now I know i cant get it maybe I'm just ranting but its just my opinion.

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I know that do I have to name every droid phone ? plus your missing the whole point of my statement the point i was trying to make is that to me Verizon seems to want every android phone to have the Droid stamp on it ( I know there are exceptions) or they don't want anything to do with it. They seem to always be late to the party when it comes to the latest and greatest I was holding out of the one x and now I know i cant get it maybe I'm just ranting but its just my opinion.

I was also saving my upgrade for this phone. I was hoping it would be a version of the One S or X, but it's not. I have the original Incredible and was wanting a phone with a 4.3" screen or larger so I guess I will wait a little longer.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Verizon HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE
8 megapixel camera with autofocus, LED flash, BSI, f/2.2 and 28 mm lens

HTC Rezound
8.0 megapixel camera with auto focus, f/2.2, 28mm wide angle lens

As you can see from the above the Incredible has BSI which is the burst mode similiar to what the One line offers. It is a 3 frame burst. The Rezound does not offer this. So while it may not have the imageSense chip it is still an upgrade from the Rezound.