Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default ImageSense Required for Sense 4 a Blatant Lie?

So, can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't HTC say that one of the reasons for not putting Sense 4 on the Rezound was that none of the current devices support ImageSense or have it built in? And now, the new Incredible is said to NOT have ImageSense? Umm... can we get someone from Android Central to contact HTC about this if this is the case. I'd really like to hear another excuse for what we all know is just a company not wanting to put the updated UI on their old phones in an attempt to get you to buy new equipment.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: ImageSense Required for Sense 4 a Blatant Lie?

it was discussed somewhere on here before. There is a separate chip for the camera that isnt present in the current models. It isn't all software
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HighTechToid View Post
    So, can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't HTC say that one of the reasons for not putting Sense 4 on the Rezound was that none of the current devices support ImageSense or have it built in? And now, the new Incredible is said to NOT have ImageSense? Umm... can we get someone from Android Central to contact HTC about this if this is the case. I'd really like to hear another excuse for what we all know is just a company not wanting to put the updated UI on their old phones in an attempt to get you to buy new equipment.
    You have a link where HTC said that?

ImageSense is not dependent on sense 4, and sense 4 is not dependent on ImageSense.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Correct, I am running S4 (from the One X) on my Rezound right now. it doesnt have all the bells and whistles yet, but 75% of it is there I believe
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Hey Phil,
    This is according to Engadget. Fourth paragraph down I believe.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/13/h...eview/?m=false
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HighTechToid View Post
    From that Engadget article:

According to HTC, there are a couple reasons: first, users of legacy devices are accustomed to the previous interface, and the upgrade adds the features and benefits of ICS without upsetting that user experience.
    They should have simply stuck with this reasoning and this reasoning only as to why older devices won't get Sense 4 (officially).
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Without a direct quote, there's no reason to believe anything that Engadget says.