Why I am buying the Incredible 4g and not the Galaxy SIII

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why I am buying the Incredible 4g and not the Galaxy S3

Another poster brought up the s4 processor speed. If you rooted this, could you bump it up to match the Galaxy S3? And do it safely?

The DInc 4G isn't currently rootable (unless something changed in the last 24 hours and I missed it), but I have read that it is underclocked, if that helps you.

Reactions: Rizz1-2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I hate how screen size seems to be a main feature that differentiates a high-end smartphone from a low-end or midrange one. I truly believe that an ICS-based 4G LTE phone at 4 inches, powered by an S4, with the camera from the Rezound is a high-end phone.

The DROID Incredible 4G LTE holds it's own against the Galaxy S III. If you're a fan of the smaller form-factor, the DINC4G is a great pick.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I hate how screen size seems to be a main feature that differentiates a high-end smartphone from a low-end or midrange one. I truly believe that an ICS-based 4G LTE phone at 4 inches, powered by an S4, with the camera from the Rezound is a high-end phone.

The DROID Incredible 4G LTE holds it's own against the Galaxy S III. If you're a fan of the smaller form-factor, the DINC4G is a great pick.

I disagree I think the screen is one of the most important specs its the first thing you will notice as soon as you pick it up but I think the inc lte is still a great phone though..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I disagree I think the screen is one of the most important specs its the first thing you will notice as soon as you pick it up but I think the inc lte is still a great phone though..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I think screen type (AMOLED, SLCD) should matter more than screen size. Resolution should be relative to screen size. qHD at 4 inches is just fine.

Put the specs of the GS3 in a phone with qHD at 4 inches and suddenly it's not perceived to be high-end anymore. I'm saying that that shouldn't be the case.

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I disagree I think the screen is one of the most important specs its the first thing you will notice as soon as you pick it up but I think the inc lte is still a great phone though.

Yes, but for some of us a smaller screen is an asset and a larger screen is a drawback. Just because someone doesn't want to carry a tablet in their pocket doesn't mean they don't want top of the line specs.

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree Flur... I like the feeling that I'm holding a phone in my hand and not a large device. For my personal use yeah I use my phone a lot when I'm out, but for my use the smaller screen works just fine. When I come home I move right to my tablet.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

dcont78

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

6. The best selling phone on the market is the iPhone. People like it for its size and abilities. This is the first phone that compares in capability yet remains a manageable phone size (unless your a lady that carries a purse in which case you should get the Galaxy Note anyway).

Amen brother. I actually switched from Sprint just to get this phone. Sure there are several "smaller" Android phones out there, but none of them have good specs like this does. Seems as though most smaller phones are the free with 2 year contract types, with crap specs.
I always wondered why the iPhone was so successful, with its 3.5" [albeit beautiful] screen, yet Android phones are getting huger by the day. It's nice to see someone else notice this. I thought I was alone LOL.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I could not agree more. I was using the S3 and returned it and went back to my iphone because it was just too large.

I was so happy when i found this phone. The size is perfect... I would like a better camera and more onboard space but its a drawback i am willing to take for the size difference :eek:

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The S4 processor along with the qHD rez gives this phone incredible performance. I got 27 fps in the GL Benchmark 2.5. GS3 gets 20fps because of its resolution.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I could not agree more. I was using the S3 and returned it and went back to my iphone because it was just too large.

I was so happy when i found this phone. The size is perfect... I would like a better camera and more onboard space but its a drawback i am willing to take for the size difference :eek:

Nice! But the fact you can use a microSD card on this phone should make up for that. :)

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

I just got the DInc 4g, and I like it a lot, it's a fast little package just like most have been saying on here, but I've been noticing over the last two days or so that I've been getting annoying by the smallish screen here and there, and entertained the SIII, but my gut tells me I won't be happy with it for too long considering its overall physical size, in terms of just having it with you wherever it is you go, and pocketing reasons.... so a bit confused here. Of course, if Vzw had the HTC One X, then that would be my current phone without question.

Anybody know if Vzw is supposed to get any of HTC's One series devices??