Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Root Droid Incredible 4G

    For a phone with such a rich root legacy, I would think this would at least have been discussed already, but alas- I am the first to bring it up.

    Anybody have any information?
  2. #2  
    maqsur1's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by theRalph View Post
    For a phone with such a rich root legacy, I would think this would at least have been discussed already, but alas- I am the first to bring it up.

    Anybody have any information?
    I have unlocked the bootloader successfully using htcdev.com. Over on xda, one developer has expressed interest in helping port a custom recovery for the dinc4g.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Root Droid Incredible 4G-fireball.jpg  
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    does anyone know a way to use wifi tether on the incredible 4g?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter4 View Post
    does anyone know a way to use wifi tether on the incredible 4g?
    Well, if you are on the shared plan with VZW, AKA the crap they are shoving on us now to make even more cash.....then you just use the hotspot app that came with the phone. If you are on an old plan with a data cap or unlimited...then you need to be rooted and use wireless tether. Since the device was just released, and it's on Verizon, it's gonna take a little while to get rooted. The above poster has successfully unlocked the phone through HTC, so the next step is getting a custom recovery. Until that happens, chill.
    Devices:

    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by maqsur1 View Post
    I have unlocked the bootloader successfully using htcdev.com. Over on xda, one developer has expressed interest in helping port a custom recovery for the dinc4g.
    I own a rezound, and am contemplating this phone with a MSRP off contract of only $499. Curious as to what you used to unlock since it's not on their website as unlockable yet.
    Devices:

    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter4 View Post
    does anyone know a way to use wifi tether on the incredible 4g?
    How about the FoxFi app? It doesn't work on any non-ICS HTC devices but I heard it was running on the One series phones.
    Last edited by experiment626; 07-08-2012 at 11:11 PM.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    I have FoxFi working fine for wireless tether, but you must use the Proxy Option in FoxFi. Then you must set the proxy in your browser (INTERNET OPTIONS). Good luck!
    Last edited by bartdroid; 07-10-2012 at 04:55 PM.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    Curious as to what you used to unlock since it's not on their website as unlockable yet.
    When you are on HTCDev.com, scroll to the bottom of the list and select "All other supported devices".
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by valorian View Post
    When you are on HTCDev.com, scroll to the bottom of the list and select "All other supported devices".
    Thanks. Didn't know that was an option. I thought they had to actually list it to unlock. How did you know it was a supported device?

    As much as I love the smaller form factor, I think I'm gonna keep my Rezound. Not too much different from the Dinc other than the S3 vs S4 processor, and sense 4. but now that the Rezound is easy to Rom with or without s-off, It's not worth spending the money.....unless I find the Dinc4G is way better on the battery life.
    Devices:

    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    how did you get the foxfi app to work?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter4 View Post
    how did you get the foxfi app to work?
    foxfi app worked fine on my rez using bt tether.
  12. #12  
    EJ39's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    So back to the ROOT issue at hand, is there a step by step or video outlining the rooting of the Dinc4G? I had a lot of difficulty with my OG Dinc and couldnt root after the last OTA update ~month ago. I hope this droid is easier.
  13. #13  
    JoeC44's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    Quote Originally Posted by EJ39 View Post
    So back to the ROOT issue at hand, is there a step by step or video outlining the rooting of the Dinc4G? I had a lot of difficulty with my OG Dinc and couldnt root after the last OTA update ~month ago. I hope this droid is easier.

    Same here. I had an OG Inc and an B&N Nook Color. I became familiar with the rooting process from messing around on the Nook. So when I finally worked up the courage to root my Inc, it was a day too late after the OTA update, and was bummed. I have been itching to root my Inc4G since i got it on release day. I'm still somewhat of a noob so step by step process would be awesome!


    I am also looking forward to the Jelly Bean update, or at least a ROM. Looks like an incredible (no pun intended) experience with 4.1
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeC44 View Post
    Same here. I had an OG Inc and an B&N Nook Color. I became familiar with the rooting process from messing around on the Nook. So when I finally worked up the courage to root my Inc, it was a day too late after the OTA update, and was bummed. I have been itching to root my Inc4G since i got it on release day. I'm still somewhat of a noob so step by step process would be awesome!


    I am also looking forward to the Jelly Bean update, or at least a ROM. Looks like an incredible (no pun intended) experience with 4.1
    You should go to the OG DInc forums. There are instructions on how to roll back to 2.2, S-off, & then root.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    OK

    We have "CHILLED" for close to two months now...
    which is an eternity in the tech world...

    still waiting to root my incredible 4g...

    I hate this "incredible" thing unless I have total control over it

    thanks
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Root Droid Incredible 4G

    You can also check up here:

Posting Permissions

B