http://www.letstalk.com/promo.htm?devicePrId=41030&tNav=1
    07-06-2012 02:43 PM
    How is this even possible? What's the catch?
    07-14-2012 10:36 AM
    The catch is that they turn your phone on, activate it, and install a 3rd party voice mail application which I'm sure they are getting paid to do.

Since they activated it before I ever received it, I had to have it deactivated and have my wife's old one put back on. But apparently once u deactivate a sim card, it doesn't work right any longer so they needed to send me another one.........

Lesson learned: will not buy from Let's Talk again.
    07-14-2012 04:31 PM
    The catch is that they turn your phone on, activate it, and install a 3rd party voice mail application which I'm sure they are getting paid to do.

Since they activated it before I ever received it, I had to have it deactivated and have my wife's old one put back on. But apparently once u deactivate a sim card, it doesn't work right any longer so they needed to send me another one.........

Lesson learned: will not buy from Let's Talk again.
    which voicemail app? is it the one with the red icon with the white voicemail symbol on top? my gs3 which i bought direct from Verizon has a voicemail app too.

A sim card, once deactivated, cannot be used again, however, say you switch to a 3G phone, then a minute later switch back to a 4G phone, most likely, the same sim can still be used.
    07-15-2012 01:18 AM
    which voicemail app? is it the one with the red icon with the white voicemail symbol on top? my gs3 which i bought direct from Verizon has a voicemail app too.

A sim card, once deactivated, cannot be used again, however, say you switch to a 3G phone, then a minute later switch back to a 4G phone, most likely, the same sim can still be used.
    I don't remember which app it was. I'm sure it wasn't the same as anything verizon puts on as it would have already been on it.

It was activated for about an hour I'd say, which shouldn't have happened in the first place. And an average user may not care, but when the phone is used as a primary business line its nonsense I shouldn't have to deal with.
    07-16-2012 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD