Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default DINC 4g or ?

    My wife is needing to upgrade. Her Droid2 started giving all kinds of trouble several weeks ago and even after factory resets/etc still had problems like dropped calls/etc. I switched to her an OG Incredible and she likes it, so she looked at the DINC 4g and decided that is what she wants.

    She likes the size, smooth, can get some 'cute' covers for it, etc.

    My problem is it seems like this is a dead forum and the 4g isn't selling well, so for future updates/etc it makes me leery of buying it.

    Thoughts? Suggestions for another phone? She's open to waiting on the iPhone5 but doesn't really like how the 4 feels when you hold it, plus she's really used to Android. (Galaxy S3 is way too big, my RAZR MAXX is too big, etc)
  2. #2  
    pretext's Avatar

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm in the same position and feel the same way. My girlfriend has small hands and the bigger screen phones are harder for her to use. Not a lot a choices of smartphones on Verizon in the smaller size.


    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    If I were you, I'd get it because you don't have too many options. From pictures, the IP5 looks just like a bigger IP4. The only other phone I could think of would be would be the Droid 4, but the Incredible is better and newer. I don't know if you're going to see any similar high spec'd, smaller phones on verizon for a while, so now seems like the perfect time to get one. I liked it and almost bought it, but I have huge *** hands and got the GS3 instead lol. I am positive from the details you gave that she will love the new incredible. If you're going to wait, maybe wait for a Droid 5? It has to be coming soon as well and I am pretty sure the screen will still be 4 inches like all the other droids.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    She didn't like the Droid4 either, is done with having a real keyboard.

    Thanks for the input, it helps.
  5. #5  
    pretext's Avatar

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default

    I might just pick up something better for myself between now and the holidays and give her my Rezound and tell her to deal with it, lol.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  

    Default

    I went from the OG Droid to the 4g, and I am happy with the 4g so far. The size is good (still prefer the OG though), and the phone is quick/smooth, much more so than the OG. ICS is great.

    Only drawback for me right now is lack of root, but that is coming as there are some very good people working on s-off now. A few people have root already, as HTCDev allowed unlock for a few weeks at initial release. At least two ROMs are already out for this phone. It also appears that the phone is underclocked. As such, the battery life on this phone is great, and with root, we should be able to increase the clock speed if desired.

    While the iPhone is a good device, I know two people who went to iPhone from a Droid and are not happy with it. Neither person is a power user, nor were their droids rooted.


    Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  
    stcu91's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    I had the incredible and wanted a smaller phone so I got the 4g and I've had it about a month now and love it. The phone size is great and the software is very fast and smooth. I do not root. I give the phone 5 out of 5 stars! Never owned an iphone as I am a devout googler.
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  
    Flur's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    I might just pick up something better for myself between now and the holidays and give her my Rezound and tell her to deal with it, lol.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    LOL, maybe not the best way to keep her as your girlfriend?

    I had the rezound and went to the Dinc 4G, paying the full $500 to get it, and I haven't looked back. The form factor makes a huge difference.

    For the OP, why does it matter whether the forums are active? Does your wife care? Does she have an account here or an interest in rooting her phone? From what I can tell, the most active forums are the ones where people are complaining the most. There's not much to complain about with the Dinc 4G. Quiet forums are GOOD sign.

    As to how it's selling, the Verizon stores I talked to when I got mine two weeks ago couldn't keep them in stock. They were getting in phones on a daily basis and selling out each day. But again, not sure why it matters.
  9. #9  
    pretext's Avatar

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    LOL, maybe not the best way to keep her as your girlfriend?

    I had the rezound and went to the Dinc 4G, paying the full $500 to get it, and I haven't looked back. The form factor makes a huge difference.

    For the OP, why does it matter whether the forums are active? Does your wife care? Does she have an account here or an interest in rooting her phone? From what I can tell, the most active forums are the ones where people are complaining the most. There's not much to complain about with the Dinc 4G. Quiet forums are GOOD sign.

    As to how it's selling, the Verizon stores I talked to when I got mine two weeks ago couldn't keep them in stock. They were getting in phones on a daily basis and selling out each day. But again, not sure why it matters.
    Nah, I've been with her for over seven years and she understands my reasoning when it comes to tech decisions. I probably will just get her the 4G LTE since it's her size and I haven't really heard anything bad about the phone. Can you comment on the battery life?

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Active forum = people using it and asking questions = good sales = good support later on
  11. #11  
    Flur's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Nah, I've been with her for over seven years and she understands my reasoning when it comes to tech decisions. I probably will just get her the 4G LTE since it's her size and I haven't really heard anything bad about the phone. Can you comment on the battery life?

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    It's been a bit better than the rezound. If I'm playing with it a lot I have to charge it during the day, but if I'm just listening to music and checking in periodically on twitter and email I can go 18+ hours (which I could almost never do with the rezound). Also, I have 5 push email accounts on it, and hardly ever use wifi so it's on 4G all the time.
  12. #12  
    Flur's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT View Post
    Active forum = people using it and asking questions = good sales = good support later on
    I wish this were true, but the rezound forums were really active and now there's no support, we can't even get ICS. It was this big device and now 9 months later it's forgotten.
  13. #13  
    pretext's Avatar

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default

    Thanks. That was the only thing I was worried about was the battery life, everything else seems all good. How is the call quality and speaker? We have ICS on the Rezound now but it took Verizon way too long to push it out.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  
    Flur's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Call quality has been good. Outgoing voice when connected to my Subaru's bluetooth is much better than with the Rezound. The speaker on the DInc 4G isn't quite as loud as the Rezound's external speaker when playing music, but I still use the same volume setting because the next setting up is too loud for me - I haven't tried it as a speakerphone so I don't know the quality there.

    Not sure if it matters to you, but the little hole that picks up voice when on calls is on the opposite side of the bottom of the phone than it is on the Rezound, and the same side as on the OG DInc. This made a big difference to me because to support the weight of the Rezound I would put my pinky under the phone and inadvertently cover the hole, resulting in me sounding muffled to the other person, LOL.
  15. #15  
    pretext's Avatar

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default

    Good to know. I think this will be a great phone for her unless something better in the same size comes out between now and October. That's the only thing I couldn't understand on my Rezound is why they put the mic on the right side of the phone and not the left.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    I'm glad we waited, looks like the Moto RAZR M is going to be her next phone.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    I wish this were true, but the rezound forums were really active and now there's no support, we can't even get ICS. It was this big device and now 9 months later it's forgotten.
    ICS was officially announced as an officially supported OS for the Rezound. It's all over the net, please do a search. I don't have the Rezound and never did but almost bought it instead of my Inc 4g so I was reading about the upgrade info, I just don't know if it's actually OTA downloadable as I write this.

    goodluck.

    Last edited by blakke39; 09-07-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: add URL.
  18. #18  
    pretext's Avatar

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT View Post
    I'm glad we waited, looks like the Moto RAZR M is going to be her next phone.
    Same here, she just has to go check them out in person.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  19. #19  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    ICS was pushed out as an OTA on the Rezound a few weeks ago, so I would expect you could find the update as a download somewhere.

    Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  20. #20  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    How is signal quality and does it have any data stall issues?

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  21. #21  
    Flur's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Quote Originally Posted by blakke39 View Post
    ICS was officially announced as an officially supported OS for the Rezound. It's all over the net, please do a search.
    The post you're taking issue was was a month old by the time you posted. You can't expect old posts to have current info.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    How is signal quality and does it have any data stall issues?

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    On the Rezound, or the Dinc4g?

    Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  23. #23  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleBlue View Post
    On the Rezound, or the Dinc4g?

    Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    He or she typed that question with a Rezound. See signature.
    Oh and no, I'm on a 2nd DInc4g and both this one and the first....rock solid 4g signal, no voice call issues. Though a small device, but powerful. Very snappy OS and using just about any popular app around.


    Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums
  24. #24  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Quote Originally Posted by blakke39 View Post
    He or she typed that question with a Rezound. See signature.
    Oh and no, I'm on a 2nd DInc4g and both this one and the first....rock solid 4g signal, no voice call issues. Though a small device, but powerful. Very snappy OS and using just about any popular app around.


    Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums
    Same here, actually. 2nd Dinc4g due to the screen yellowing issue on the first one that I got on day of release. Both very good signal-wise.

    Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  25. #25  

    Default Re: DINC 4g or ?

    Droid razr M

    Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B