1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Disabled apps still running

This question/comment may be better suited for a general ICS thread but it's related to HTC apps.

So, playing around with things, I went through and disabled some of the HTC/Verizon apps that I will never use -- FriendStream, Backup Assistant Plus, and the bloatware.
    Despite doing this, FriendStream keeps running and taking up 11MB of memory per the task manager. Isn't disabling an app supposed to do just that -- disable it? 11MB is not the issue, it's more of a conceptual issue I have.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Did you force stop and then disable? Some of the apps I had to force stop and then disable to keep them from running again.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Disabled apps still running

Quote Originally Posted by dcont78 View Post
    This question/comment may be better suited for a general ICS thread but it's related to HTC apps.

So, playing around with things, I went through and disabled some of the HTC/Verizon apps that I will never use -- FriendStream, Backup Assistant Plus, and the bloatware.
    Since you disabled Backup ***. Plus, make sure you also disabled "Sync Services" which also shares the Verizon Backup ***. Plus icon, which you will see listed under Settings - Apps - then the All tab on the far right. I'm only mentioning this because it does not have the words verizon, backup, assistant, nor plus under the process details, but only shares the same Icon (phone with the red arrows around it, or whatever that is).

You may have missed it only because the other backup assistant processes are listed in order and contain some of the same keywords in their main process names.

See pic.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Disabled apps still running-2012-09-01_18-59-38.jpg  
    Last edited by blakke39; 09-02-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: add pic.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for both those tips. I wondered what the Sync Service was, and a google search didn't reveal anything.

Root your device to get rid of the problem.
    Last edited by samanthanielquel; 01-30-2013 at 07:45 AM.