Storage Issues...Widespread Issue?

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So I have had my Incredible 4G for a couple months now and I really do like the phone. One reservation I had when purchasing was the 8gbs of internal storage. I don't store that much media on my phone, but I do download a lot of apps. Anyways I was low on space, but couldn't really understand why. I didn't have any big files on the phone yet I was constantly battling for space. I decided to factory reset the phone and after doing some research concluded that I should have roughly 4.8 to 5.3gbs to use. Well I only have 1.6 with only 3 email accounts on the phone and everything else stock. Nothing has been downloaded or changed.

I took it to verizon and they said its a known issue that all the space wasn't available and that its widespread. They said there is an update being planned. My question to my fellow droid incredible owners, have you had any issue like this? I saw nothing on google or this forum recognizing this issue. I can get a replacement phone from verizon and I am leaning towards that, but replacement phones never work as good as the original imo.

from my TouchPad using Communities

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So I ended up factory resetting ot again and now it says I have 5.2gbs available. I know this has been brought up before, but so for total space memory I have 5.2gbs, for internal storage I have 1.6gbs available, and then under phone storage I have 4.1gbs. What does that all mean?
Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express