1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Global capabiliy update is available...anyone notice any other changes???

I installed the update for the I4G today. Anyone else try it out? Notice any changes? I was hoping they would get rid of the stupid wi-fi notification but it is still there.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Re: Global capabiliy update is available...anyone notice any other changes???

If you go to the verizon website, there were only a handful of changes with this update, with nothing earth-shattering. Nothing is even noticeable.

-Enabled for Global Roaming
    -Verizon Remote Diagnostics
    -Improved 4GLTE connectivity
    -Improved WiFi connectivity for seamless tranisition between WiFi and 4GLTE
    -Support for audio in Tango video calling
    -Visual Voice Mail now displayed in the Application list.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default Re: Global capabiliy update is available...anyone notice any other changes???

so, not sure if this is related or not, but had a message that the update was installed when I woke up this morning. I don't really see any changes that are affecting me, but there is a new icon on the status bar that I've never seen before. Anybody know what it is?Global capabiliy update is available...anyone notice any other changes???-icon-screen-shot.png
    BB Storm 1 -> HTC Droid Incredible -> HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

It's something with NFC...turn that off, and the icon goes away.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Thank you!
    BB Storm 1 -> HTC Droid Incredible -> HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE

My update came in today and it didn't ask me to accept it. My phone suddenly started rebooting itself and then it showed me that it was updating. I don't like that! What if I was in the middle of something important like calling 911 because my house was on fire??? Grrrrrrrrrr.

The update turned on the Global setting. I changed it back to LTE/CDMA under the assumption that it will save battery life. (Settings, Call, Preferred Network)

Does anyone know if our phones' sim card is now unlocked and if it can be used globally with other companies' sim cards or only with Verizon's international plans?

Aargh! I suddenly noticed that I am unable to click through hyperlinks in email using k9 mail. Even old mail that was clickable before is no longer clickable. Time to search for yet another email app. :-(

have any luck finding another email app that allows hyperlinks? I have the same trouble with mine?

After digging further I found out that there is something about the way Gmail sends out hyperlinks which makes it difficult to click through the hyperlinks when using android apps. I'm trying out the ad supported version of MailDroid. It gets good reviews and it can handle the gmail hyperlinks. The setup interface is a whole lot less user friendly than K9 mail however it seems to offer a lot of customizations in the settings which is what I am looking for.

Anything specific that is not clear? I am always available by email, but it would be good to know so that I can change it for others if required.

Nothing specific. It's that I had to actually read the help file before choosing my preferences for such things as "preload and index now."

Right now I am having a problem with Gmail in MailDroid. (I haven't really used my other email accounts on the phone yet.) Sometimes when I open the email it says "loading", I cannot see the email and it never loads unless I back out of Maildroid and open the email again. It doesn't happen all the time, sometimes I see the word "loading" and then the email loads. I'm not sure if it's the 4G not responding or if it's the app and I should change my preload settings, which is set to "don't save mail text". Any suggestions? Thanks!

If you are set to don't save mail text then it won't preload the body and it needs to fetch the body from the server each time you open the email. If there is a hiccup or delay with a response from the server, this can happen.