1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Question Question on Global Capabilities

I know that the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE is a global phone. I am curious on how I'd go about using the function when I go to Europe in a month. Will I have to contact Verizon and have them unlock it, or not? I am looking to use the phone primarily for data with a SIM card that I purchase in Europe.

Default Re: Question on Global Capabilities

I just contacted Verizon Customer Service regarding this point, and I was told by the representative that this phone is already SIM-unlocked and ready for use with non-Verizon SIM cards in other countries. Could it be true??? I would appreciate any confirmation of this as well, but that's what I was told!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It still would be nice to hear from someone regarding real-life use of the Inc4G with foreign SIM cards, but in the meantime my research on other forums points to the same answer, that the phone IS unlocked from the factory and does not require any special unlock codes.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

I'll have to try it with an AT&T microSIM card that I just got. So all I'd need to do is update the APN settings, correct?

Yes, will be interested to hear how it works out for you. I don't know if it would be any help but I saw this post over on the DNA forum: The Droid DNA is SIM-unlocked (that means it works on AT&T)

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swenpro View Post
    Yes, will be interested to hear how it works out for you. I don't know if it would be any help but I saw this post over on the DNA forum: The Droid DNA is SIM-unlocked (that means it works on AT&T)

It didn't say invalid sim after I switched it to global mode. However it never got an AT&T signal.

I haven't had a chance to use the Inc4G abroad except in North America which is part of VZW's CDMA roaming. But the 4G phones are all unlocked. It was part of the deal when VZW acquired the LTE bandwidth. If you want to test the phone with an AT&T SIM you need to switch the phone to GSM mode. In global mode, it will lock onto the homenetwork if it is available.