Question on Global Capabilities

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I know that the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE is a global phone. I am curious on how I'd go about using the function when I go to Europe in a month. Will I have to contact Verizon and have them unlock it, or not? I am looking to use the phone primarily for data with a SIM card that I purchase in Europe.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just contacted Verizon Customer Service regarding this point, and I was told by the representative that this phone is already SIM-unlocked and ready for use with non-Verizon SIM cards in other countries. Could it be true??? I would appreciate any confirmation of this as well, but that's what I was told!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to try it with an AT&T microSIM card that I just got. So all I'd need to do is update the APN settings, correct?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to use the Inc4G abroad except in North America which is part of VZW's CDMA roaming. But the 4G phones are all unlocked. It was part of the deal when VZW acquired the LTE bandwidth. If you want to test the phone with an AT&T SIM you need to switch the phone to GSM mode. In global mode, it will lock onto the homenetwork if it is available.