December 2012 - Would you still buy it again?

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks, I've had an Incredible 2 for the past year, and am currently testing a Droid DNA. I like the DNA well enough, but the 5" screen is a little on the large side.

Can you give me some recent input on how this phone is performing for you? Likes/Dislikes? Would you buy again?

Thanks!

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend has the Inc4G and hasn't had any issues with it. It's like a baby rezound. She has small hands and the big screen phones don't fit well in her hand. Only complaint I have is that the Motorola M came out months after the Inc4G and already has jelly bean and no word on whether the Inc4G is going to receive it or not. Other than that it's a great phone. So to answer your question, at this time I would probably pick up the Motorola M even though the camera isn't as good. It would be a tough decision though because I've had HTC phones since the Pre and love their build quality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks... I'm sure the Moto M is a nice phone, but the camera part is important to me, and I would be buying one of these used, so the Incredible 4 is going to be much more affordable!

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well in your case I would pick it up then. The camera is the reason we picked the Inc4G over the M. You might be a lil disappointed with the screen coming from the DNA but other than that you should be satisfied.

cjr4497

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I would buy again. According to my eyeballs it has a better screen than the razr m. it takes better pics than the wife's maxx hd too. Battery life is good. I am enjoying beats audio as well. Overall it runs smooth as butter. All it needs is the new google search that is on jelly bean.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input. I picked one up today, one month old! For just a couple hundred bucks, this phone does almost everything the DNA can do, in a smaller form factor, which I really like. Okay, well I notice that the camera isn't quite on par with the DNA, and as was mentioned it doesn't have Google Now, but we know that's coming in the JB update.

Seems the Incredible 4G story is very similar to that of the Incredible 2: A great phone for the masses that gets underrated and overlooked. But hey, I guess I'm among you minority of folks who prefer the smaller screen size. I don't need to watch movies or live on my phone, just use it for reference purposes and phone calls.

With regard to the screen, I don't see any problem with it. Sure, the DNA had 1080p, but can you really use all those pixels? I'm afraid the battery life on it suffered because of it, and I'll gladly take better battery life for a few less pixels.

Only issue I've run into so far is trying to send an e-mail to a group of contacts. When I open the People app, go to Groups tab, select a group, then Group Action tab, finally Send group mail, I choose Gmail and it tries to set up an account, wait for a while and it finally gives me a "503 10102: LDAP Lookup Failed" error. I don't know why they are trying to make this task so complicated, since it was much more straightforward on the Inc2, using a 'Share' menu and just choose Gmail. Anyway, I am an app called Group Manager Pro and it is accomplishing the task of sending e-mail to Gmail groups.

Overall, so far so good and glad I made the switch!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my girl just got this phone today and I'm liking the LCD screen. Got me considering getting either a used EVO LTE or the next gen EVO on Sprint.

Sent from my Incredible 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar