Flexy, creaky back cover on the Incredible 4G: Flaw, or... Feature?

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've enjoyed using the Incredible 4G the past few weeks. I did notice that the back cover would creak and flex quite a bit, more than any other phone I've had. It seems that this is simply due to some extra, empty space in that area. I have seen some remedy this issue with layers of tape or paper.

But why not make it useful? I folded up a $20 bill and set it on top of the battery (almost exactly the same size), then replaced the back cover. My phone now feels solid, creaks very little, and I have 20 bucks with me whenever I need it! :D

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
All of my HTC phones have done this, Evo, Evo 3D, and Rezound. I've learned to just live with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Droid Incredible 2 and it does this all the time! I got used to it, so it doesn't bother me anymore. Plus it doesn't help when I am not using a case.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Painters tape. Problem solved. And you don't need to waste $20.

Lol, thanks. But I think most of you missed the point that the $20 is a feature. There is no loss, just the convenience of having 20 bucks when you need it. To each his own! :)

Sent from my Incredible 4G using Tapatalk 2

gatorboi352

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol, thanks. But I think most of you missed the point that the $20 is a feature. There is no loss, just the convenience of having 20 bucks when you need it. To each his own! :)

Sent from my Incredible 4G using Tapatalk 2

Touche' sir.... Nonetheless painters tape fixed my DINC2's creaky battery cover right up. And here I was super gluing and folding toilet paper strands and all kinds of other stuff to try and remedy it.