My email notification is stuck on a default sound.

dinc4glte

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
This started over the weekend and I can't think of anything I changed. The sound was set to a certain tone and it started playing a different tone. It's almost like i have the phone connected to the computer and the default ringtones play. When I go to Settings, sound, notifications and set my sound, it still has some other sound coming through when I receive an email. I've also tried going to Settings, Personalize, Sound and it's listed correctly in there, but still plays the other sound. I've tried creating a new Sound Set...still no change. Any ideas?

dinc4glte

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have Zedge...but other than that, no. The sound I have set up is one that came on the phone though. It was working fine, then just changed.

dinc4glte

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I got it. I went to Settings, Personalize, Notification Sounds and my Default notification was "Ding" and my Email was set to Default ringtone (DIng). This setting should have defaulted to "Ding" but for some reason was using a tone that wasn't even on the list. I tried all of the tones in the list and eventually set it to "Ding". This worked. I was still curious why it was doing that, so I set it back to Default ringtone (DIng). It started working as it should have...so, until it acts up again, it's working as it should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC