Help Me Pleaassseee

Pariah1990

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I use a HTC Droid Incredible 4g and it hasn't given me any problems....until now.

Whenever I try to log on to Facebook (using the app, Google Chrome AND my default browser) it refuses to log on. With the browsers it just says "Cannot Load Page" and if I try to use the app it just keeps coming at me with the same error "SSL Handshake Timed Out". The same thing occurred when I had a HTC Wildfire S and I was never able to resolve the issue.

I'm not that well versed on how a smartphones OS works so can someome please give me some guidance on how to solve this....dummy version style.

Another thing I noticed while trying to find a solution on Google is that people with the same problem use a HTC Smartphone.

If someone can help me solve this I would appreciate it so much.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to System Settings/Apps/All, select Facebook, and Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, Clear Data.

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that the HTC version of the Facebook app that came pre installed on the phone is out of date. Facebook has likely updated their log on protocols and HTC version cannot connect.

Can you install the latest Facebook app from the play store? That may resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the pre installed app is a system app that you can not remove unless you are rooted. You can, however disable the HTC version.

Sent from my Fireball using Tapatalk Pro

Pariah1990

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to System Settings/Apps/All, select Facebook, and Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, Clear Data.

I have cleared the data and also uninstalled and re-installed the app before I posted here. Doesn't seem to work.

Pariah1990

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I would guess that the HTC version of the Facebook app that came pre installed on the phone is out of date. Facebook has likely updated their log on protocols and HTC version cannot connect.

Can you install the latest Facebook app from the play store? That may resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the pre installed app is a system app that you can not remove unless you are rooted. You can, however disable the HTC version.

My phone is rooted. It's using TeamWin ROM.

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone is rooted. It's using TeamWin ROM.

Great. Try uninstalling the HTC version and install the latest Facebook app from the Play store. That worked for me.

ETA: first make sure to have a TiB backup of the HTC version before uninstalling. Just in case ;)

Pariah1990

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Great. Try uninstalling the HTC version and install the latest Facebook app from the Play store. That worked for me.

ETA: first make sure to have a TiB backup of the HTC version before uninstalling. Just in case ;)

Omg its working now....I don't know what I did because I've been uninstalling and reinstalling whole day.

I went into Recovery and did a System Wipe. Not sure what that does or if it worked.

I love you dude.