How do I remove unwanted HTC data to open up storage space?

sdusara

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Insufficient Storage challenges

Forgive me for asking a noob question. The 4g comes with 1GB of internal memory (which should be plenty) and I use about 10-15 apps which are saved to the external storage card. Of the 1GB of internal storage, there are no apps or data that I can move to the storage card anymore, but i only have 300MB of room left. Most of the data consumed by the internal storage is all HTC data.

How do I remove unwanted HTC data, or how do i know it's data that can be removed? Have the same issue with the Galaxy 3 too.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Insufficient Storage challenges

Forgive me for asking a noob question. The 4g comes with 1GB of internal memory (which should be plenty) and I use about 10-15 apps which are saved to the external storage card. Of the 1GB of internal storage, there are no apps or data that I can move to the storage card anymore, but i only have 300MB of room left. Most of the data consumed by the internal storage is all HTC data.

How do I remove unwanted HTC data, or how do i know it's data that can be removed? Have the same issue with the Galaxy 3 too.

Internal data is usually consumed by data stored when you used apps-cache. Since you use about 15 apps, I can estimate one app can store about 40mb, and the total adding up to 600mb. What you'll need to do is go to your application manager and check how much cache is used by each app, then delete cache.

litterbug

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Internal data is usually consumed by data stored when you used apps-cache. Since you use about 15 apps, I can estimate one app can store about 40mb, and the total adding up to 600mb. What you'll need to do is go to your application manager and check how much cache is used by each app, then delete cache.

Maybe one of you Wise Ones can help me out too, because I've got the same problem; although I only use 1GB of 8GB of available phone storage (all apps are on a high speed SD card), I've typically only have about 150 of 1GB of internal storage available except when I've just cleared a bunch of cashes.

Last month the Play store started refusing to update apps saying there was insufficient storage, so I now have spend time deleting data about every other time I run updates. But clearing data is fussy and means losing information that makes life convenient--stored passwords on sites or apps where security isn't an issue, SwiftKey forgets my personal dictionary, browsers lose history, etc. And the apps that use the most storage happen to be the ones I use all the time.

So, is there a way to allocate some of my mostly-empty phone storage to data/caches? Or a setting that would keep data on phone storage or the SD card? Or some way to automatically clear caches for apps where data storage isn't an issue for me?

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Maybe one of you Wise Ones can help me out too, because I've got the same problem; although I only use 1GB of 8GB of available phone storage (all apps are on a high speed SD card), I've typically only have about 150 of 1GB of internal storage available except when I've just cleared a bunch of cashes.

Last month the Play store started refusing to update apps saying there was insufficient storage, so I now have spend time deleting data about every other time I run updates. But clearing data is fussy and means losing information that makes life convenient--stored passwords on sites or apps where security isn't an issue, SwiftKey forgets my personal dictionary, browsers lose history, etc. And the apps that use the most storage happen to be the ones I use all the time.

So, is there a way to allocate some of my mostly-empty phone storage to data/caches? Or a setting that would keep data on phone storage or the SD card? Or some way to automatically clear caches for apps where data storage isn't an issue for me?

Storing apps on SD card doesn't mean app data is stored in the SD card, some files have to be saved in your internal memory. There's no automatic way to clear cache, but you can use an app tp clear history, Google search saving and cache at the same time. You can use iTap Cleaner The app can also be effective for you to monitor your phone memory and where all the memory goes and you can also clear unwanted texts and call logs because they also eat up your internal memory

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21