Why am i still using android! It doesn't even work!

bentor1996

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So i have the incredible and the reviews said it is a good android phone, but if this is a "good" android phone then i never want to use a "bad" one. I mean i have had issues with the phone memory, sd card, screen, speed, bugs, battery and almost every app i downloaded. I mean i don't even think Google is serious with its OS. In order for it to work good you have to have a dual core processor or a nexus device. The media options on this platform are pathetic. (With no music or video store) I really like what google has done with gmail and all of their services, but i believe the android mobile OS gives them a bad name. I don't know if i can stick with this OS any longer. The problem is i hate iOS with all my heart, but i am thinking of switching just so i can have a phone that works consistently and fast. All i want anyone to get out of this is that android could be so much better and that google better step it up with Ice Cream Sandwich or they will lose me. I believe that their are many others that think this, too.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset? It sounds from the vague description you give of your problems that a reset would do your phone a world of good.

Let us know what problems you are having and perhaps we can help.

Reactions: bentor1996

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset? It sounds from the vague description you give of your problems that a reset would do your phone a world of good.

+ 1, what apps are you running?

Sent from my Thunderbolt!

bentor1996

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I actually just got rid of all the problems i was having which was my apps on the sd card not showing up by doing a sd card format and i am constantly plagued with the "out of space" bug on the incredible. Thanks for eagerness to help. I just posted this to express that a mature OS, like android, shouldn't have bugs anymore.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are stock - Many of the bugs you refer to will be fixed when the Gingerbread OTA drops. Gingerbread has a lot of backend fixes, and it's also much snappier than Froyo on the phone. The OTA should be out sometime this month.

If you need help with anything else, let us know.

Last edited:

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Please let us in the community help as much as we can. PvilleComp, and others do a tremendous job helping with DInc advice.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I just posted this to express that a mature OS, like android, shouldn't have bugs anymore.

Every OS will have bugs. Switching to iOS is not the cure for a bug-less OS. The Incredible has been an awesome platform and the stock OS is outstanding. Have you ever messed with an iPhone? There isn't a single thing it can do the Inc can't do equally or better.

If your having problems, be specific and the fine folks here will do their damnedest to help.

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Every OS has bugs. Why do you think they have updates for? I use a Mac and never have problems but I get updates for bug fixes, that is just the way technology works.

I would also suggest doing a full wipe. And like others have said, load CM7, it is awesome!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This has been an awesome phone for me. I have had no problems. Too bad I could never claim that when I was using BB

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It is amazing that after I have had my phone for over a year, I still don't care about getting a new phone. I love this thing. :D

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It is amazing that after I have had my phone for over a year, I still don't care about getting a new phone. I love this thing. :D

So do I. I couldn't be happier with my Cyanogenmodized Dinc. Part of that may be because none of Verizon's current phones really interest me, but mostly it's because the Dinc is just an awesome device. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38