How to back everything up then reset help please

kufta4

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the HTC Incredible.

My phone no longer notifies me of my emails in gmail. I tried unsyncing then resyncing everything associated with it with no luck. I was unable to delete the gmail account and re-add it because it said it was essential to the phone and I would need to factory reset it.

Question 1 - How do I go about backing everything up my SD card? Can I put what I want to save on my computer while I reset instead by plugging my phone in? I think I heard there is an app to send everything to the SD card. What is it?

Question 2 - What all will save to my SD card. I think Apps will not save, so I will write down which apps I want back and then just redownload them if thats the case. Will all my pictures and videos save? Songs? What will and what wont be able to be backed up?

Question 3 - How do I do a factory reset?

Thank you so much for the help but I think its time my phones get reset anyway. Lots of crap on there I don't really need but lots I really do.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Before you do a factory reset - clear the data and cache in the Gmail app.

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All Look for the Gmail app and then clear data and cache.

This should fix your problem.

As far as backing up and resetting this post:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/inc...our-htc-droid-incredible-gingerbread-ota.html
will help. Look at the Stock Un-rooted section.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12