I know what I'm buying on the 29th!

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
My NE2 is up on the 28th, very convenient timing!

Here I am, happy as a pig in s#!t with my future device! :cool:

IMG00032-20100421-1531.jpg

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
me too bro. i just picked up a motodroid 2 weeks ago cuz my NE2 was up. But since the incredible comes out on the 29th. my droid is still withtin 30 days "trial" period. SO i will be swapping it for an incredible. cant wait

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh, good lord. Just how many Verizon stores is my ugly mug plastered in now? :p

I did that for effect, no idea you'd be on the main page.. :D

Yes, I work in a VZW store, explains all the paperwork around me. That's a demo phone I got to set up, couldn't stop grinning for the life of me.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I was just playing with this phone outside my office and i must say that phone is FAST. from opening the browser to opening apps this thing does not even slow down one bit.

It was a very limited trial but i was VERY VERY impressed with the phone. All those Verizon customers out there are going to be very happy.

cusco

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I did that for effect, no idea you'd be on the main page.. :D

Yes, I work in a VZW store, explains all the paperwork around me. That's a demo phone I got to set up, couldn't stop grinning for the life of me.

so its at the stores as of now for demoing?

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
so its at the stores as of now for demoing?
Some stores will deny having a live device, some will let you. Depends on the manager. My manager let a customer play with the demo, the guy wasn't sure if he wanted to pre-order.. He used it for 2 minutes, and had 4 other friends come in to pre-order.. ;)

I'm gonna have a busy day ahead of me on the 29th, setting my own phone up might wait until closing..

cusco

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
so only manager has access to the live demo? awe man! i was going to go too play with it before mines ships out to see how i like it...lol

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
so only manager has access to the live demo? awe man! i was going to go too play with it before mines ships out to see how i like it...lol
Like I said, it's store-dependent. The managers have most demos locked away, being a tech I can ask for one and they give me the key. The demo I used is an extra, in case the live floor model craps out I'd switch it out, but that's the only one we have right now until next week.

I also have video of it, and pics with me in them. The video I might post..

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
i called my local verizon to ask when the incredible would be available for demoing. This sunday the 25th for me! cant wait to test this baby out.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's region-based, but most stores here have a minimum of 10 devices on hand for pre-orders. I know Best Buy is giving away $50 gift cards with pre-orders on the day you put money down ($50 deposit), rumored that we were doing it too. Key word being "rumor", I'd ask first and mention the Best Buy deal.

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Why would the stores need to have devices on hand for preorders when the people who pre-ordered are having them shipped directly to them. I didnt think you could pre-order and then pickup in a store.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
i went to 2 verizon stores tonight and neither had a working demo to show me. i did pre order at best buy though tonight. the $50 gift card is apparently the $50 that i put for the deposit. kinda strange but that's what the employee and the paper he gave me said. he said bring in the girt card and the paper he gave me to pick the phone up and the $50 gift card would go towards the price of the phone.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Why would the stores need to have devices on hand for preorders when the people who pre-ordered are having them shipped directly to them. I didnt think you could pre-order and then pickup in a store.

They did an in-person pre-order because you could do it at Best Buy Mobile. Online pre-orders get shipped, in-store you can pick up your phone in the morning. My store is opening an hour early, only way in is to show your pre-sale slip.

i went to 2 verizon stores tonight and neither had a working demo to show me. i did pre order at best buy though tonight. the $50 gift card is apparently the $50 that i put for the deposit. kinda strange but that's what the employee and the paper he gave me said. he said bring in the girt card and the paper he gave me to pick the phone up and the $50 gift card would go towards the price of the phone.

Weird, around here the $50 card is good for anything, no need to use it for the phone purchase. A friend of mine who works at Best Buy Mobile joked about me buying my phone there, and mentioned I could use the gift card for accessories. :D

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Oh i thought you meant in-store pre-order at a verizon store. I knew that Best buy was doing that. but i wasnt aware that Verizon stores were, and they arent according to my local store. i asked today.