Facebook notifications

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I frequent the sister site Crackberry forums since I have a Storm. I'm jumping ship to the Incredible, so I figured I should get my feet wet.

My girlfriend has the Eris and the facebook app gives her notification for every status update. It doesn't bother her, but it would drive me crazy. Is there a way to have only messages, invites, and requests give notifications?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you can disable the updates about status or have sense consolidate them into a daily update or something of the sort.

and just to be clear, it's not the google facebook app that is doing this, it's the HTC facebook hook in the SenseUI

the normal facebook app barely ever sends out a notification save for you getting a message, and it's a pretty crappy app. i long for the iphone version of it to be ported to android...

krDroid

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
can anyone help me? i have facebook set to notify me for comments, messages, and etc... but im not getting any notifications... any idea y?

jnick#AC

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
you can disable the updates about status or have sense consolidate them into a daily update or something of the sort.

and just to be clear, it's not the google facebook app that is doing this, it's the HTC facebook hook in the SenseUI

the normal facebook app barely ever sends out a notification save for you getting a message, and it's a pretty crappy app. i long for the iphone version of it to be ported to android...

Can you explain how you go about doing this? I have been hesitant to setup the Facebook for HTC sense because I heard it notifys you for every contact status update, which would be really annoying...

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Facebook for Android only gives you notifications for Friend Requests, Event Invites, and Facebook Messages (possibly Pokes as well)... It does not send any audible notifications or anything in the notification bar when someone comments on something you also did, or writes something on your wall... Facebook for Sense only adds a little green circle with a number next to any linked contacts in the People list...

krDroid

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
ooh... i have notifications set up but i guess thats y i havent gotten any... is bloo in app world? i dont see it..