1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

Default Docks?!?!

I know the hype around this phone is incred....amazing and the phone isn't even out yet (except for the lucky few). But has anyone seen or found any docks for this phone yet?

A car dock has been leaked in photos for a couple of weeks now:

In terms of a desktop dock, I have seen speculation, but nothing more than that. What I've seen seems to imply that it'll be a landscape dock, like the Droid's. There are no contacts on the bottom of the phone like the N1, so there's probably no charging it in portrait mode, so landscape mode seems the most probable at this point.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

there is definitly a car mount and media base just like for the moto droid. they are both the same prices and are POST LAUNCH items so expect them anywhere from the 29th to a few weeks later at verizon stores. just to let everyone know the car mount does not have the auto car dock mode like the moto droid.

Quote Originally Posted by gt3dan View Post
    the car mount does not have the auto car dock mode like the moto droid.
    Thats what I was afraid of!!!!

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm wondering what the plans are for what was called in the sprint leak of the Hero "Navigator" but has a different name on the Incredible. Its something like the "Car Home" app that the N1 has (probably moto droid too, but I haven't really played with those).

As for desk docks, kinda hard with the port on the side. Maybe someone will develop something like a slide in dock.

there is definitly a car mount and media base just like for the moto droid. they are both the same prices and are POST LAUNCH items so expect them anywhere from the 29th to a few weeks later at verizon stores. just to let everyone know the car mount does not have the auto car dock mode like the moto droid.
    where did you hear the car dock wouldn't activate the car home screen?

i haven't heard anything either way. but my assumption would be that it would..

Quote Originally Posted by rufflez View Post
    As for desk docks, kinda hard with the port on the side. Maybe someone will develop something like a slide in dock.
    I have one for my soon-to-be-destroyed Storm where it slides in in portrait orientation. Amazon.com: SF Planet® Premium Quality USB Sync Charge Desktop Dock Cradle for Blackberry Storm 9530: Electronics

It works pretty well, maybe they'll make one for the Inc.

I was thinking the desktop charger would be a landscape viewed cradle, though the picture in the Launch Materials is not the most detailed thumbnail. It definitely didn't resemble the Storm dock photo from what I remember.

As for the car dock, two questions. Does it handle landscape (photo only showed portrait) and is their a power jack?

@Adiliyo...the Incredible Launch Kit (to prep employees) specifically stated the car mount would not launch the Car App.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

The largest selection of docks I've seen so far is at . I'm not sure how legit they are though. It seems surprising that they would have so many different ones before the phone has been released. I'm wondering if their systems just have a way of labeling a bunch of generic ones as being compatible with whatever phone you search for.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

The car dock looks nice but I was originally looking for a desktop cradle/dock to charge the phone in

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    The largest selection of docks I've seen so far is at . I'm not sure how legit they are though. It seems surprising that they would have so many different ones before the phone has been released. I'm wondering if their systems just have a way of labeling a bunch of generic ones as being compatible with whatever phone you search for.
    Key word on all of those docks is universal, which basically means it wasn't created specifically for the Incredible at all. They may work with the Incredible, but it's not going to fit like a glove.

ROM
    Carbonite Fusion

the car mount does not have the auto car dock mode like the moto droid.
    Does anyone know if there is one?
    If you like what you see, hit the thanks button!

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Not that I've found so far. I figure the add-on makers are concentrating on getting batteries and protection out first.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

I wonder if there are some clip style docks made for other phones that fit the incredible, or are close enough that a piece of foam rubber tape will hold it snug. The measurements are close enough there should be something.

Something thin and unobtrusive like the mounts on Garmin GPS units.

You'd still need a car USB charging cord but it wouldn't be too bad and it wouldn't be a big and bulky as the universal car docks.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Yeah I would LOVE it if someone produced a Garmin type mount for the phone.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itch808 View Post
    The car dock looks nice but I was originally looking for a desktop cradle/dock to charge the phone in
    Yup. Me, too. There is another thread on this board where some really creative people are making their own.