Power button/Screen issue

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

This started about a week ago, not sure what the issue is, but would appreciate any suggestions!

The power button on my phone is not consistently working properly. Sometimes it's half, the rest of the time it's either non-responsive or I will get the option menu that includes Power Down, Airplane Mode, etc., with just a tap of the button (When I'm trying to put it to "sleep").

The other issue is my screen doesn't seem to respond all the time when I touch it. This is less occuring than the power button issue, but I've definitely noticed it.

When I reboot my phone it's normal for awhile and then the issue starts again.

Any ideas? My phone is not rooted and I don't install a ton of apps, just sometimes the free app of the day on Amazon, but that's about it.

Thanks for any help,

allison.

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link, after playing with it a bunch I think it probably is a hardware issue.

I might take it into the store first and see if they can do anything as far as a replacement goes.

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just an update, went into the Verizon store and they're sending me a new one. I guess the power button failing isn't too uncommon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm