1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default swicthing to incredible

i brought a droid in december is there any way I can switch to that phone without paying a cancellation fee?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

You won't have to pay a cancellation fee but you will have to pay full retail price for the incredible. You can also sell you droid and you should get around $200 if its in good shape.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Use someone else's upgrade if you can (and they are willing to take your Droid) so that you can get the Incredible.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Looking to upgrade to Incredible but have to purchase at full price. I currently have a Droid! Was wondering if it would be cheaper to add a line and then cancel my droid line and pay the ETF? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Open to all suggestions.
    Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    1,133 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by tsailor1 View Post
    Looking to upgrade to Incredible but have to purchase at full price. I currently have a Droid! Was wondering if it would be cheaper to add a line and then cancel my droid line and pay the ETF? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Open to all suggestions.
    Thanks in advance!
    the etf on these new smartphones is $375 to prevent people from doing this exact thing.

Your best bet is to sell the droid on Craigslist or eBay for $300ish and then just pay the difference for the Incredible.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustinD2473 View Post
    Your best bet is to sell the droid on Craigslist or eBay for $300ish and then just pay the difference for the Incredible.
    I dont buy phones for more than the cost of a new one on contract. Because the people that are selling the phone most likely got it new on contract and are trying to make a profit on a used phone.

Quote Originally Posted by VKitty View Post
    I dont buy phones for more than the cost of a new one on contract. Because the people that are selling the phone most likely got it new on contract and are trying to make a profit on a used phone.
    If you are not eligible for a new contract, how can you expect to get new contract pricing on a newly released phone? If you have done this in the past I'm all ears.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Was only expecting to get new contract pricing if I were to add a second line to my plan. Thanks everyone for there input.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

thanks for the repiles this sucks I had a iphone I should have waited the incredible now evo 4g boy o boy!!!!