"Syncs with Flickr"

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
What does it mean the phone "syncs with Flickr"? I have used Shutterfly for years and back up all my pics there. I figure I can access the Shutterfly website and view my pics on my recently ordered Incredible.

I'm assuming syncing with Flickr means if I put my pics there they will automatically get pushed to my phone? Or just vice versa? If I put 500 pictures on Flickr, I'm not sure I want all of them on my phone.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any info.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There will be settings to sync what you want I have no doubt. When you initially setup the Flickr account on the phone you'll likely have to set it how you want. Most of the time, like with Photobucket, it just allows you to automatically, or manually upload to your online account when you take photos ect. It probably wont download your stuff to the phone without manually asking for certain photos ect.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Flickr Functionality:

In your contacts list there will be an icon next to any contact that has added photos on Flickr/Facebook.

You can view yours and your friend photos / online albums.

You can share photos on Flickr.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You can still use your shutterfly from the phone, but it won't sync directly with SenseUI. Photobucket is another one that has its own proprietary app in the market that works nicely and can automatically upload pictures right after you take them. It'll even give you HTML code of the link to the picture so you can post them into forums like this :)

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. I'm Happy with Shutterfly but will try out Flickr or Picassa if they synch better with the phone. Might as well experiment.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
is the regular 2.1 gallery app on the incredible? that's the one that syncs with picasa (and i think it looks cool too :p)

surfacinglove

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, can anyone confirm if the Gallery (like on Nexus One or Droid) can be accessible on the Incredible? Why would HTC take away such a sweet stock 3D photo viewer that syncs with Picasa??!?

Anyone?

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
is the regular 2.1 gallery app on the incredible? that's the one that syncs with picasa (and i think it looks cool too :p)

This is what I would really like a firm answer to. I've started using Picasa due to the Face Recognition, ease of sync between my PC and Picasa Web, etc...So I really hope the Incredible has some sort of integration.

Phil addressed this in his Q&A on the Incredible so I'm a bit discouraged.

http://www.androidcentral.com/your-droid-incredible-questions

How, if at all, does the phone integrate with Picasa? Will my albums from Picasa automatically show on my phone or is there an integrated Widget that allows an easy view? - Limjelo

Not out of the box. Sense syncs with Flickr.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
he is right in saying that sense syncs with flickr, but if the normal gallery is in there as well as the sense album viewer, then you can get both.

however you won't be able to see other people's picasa albums in the photos tab of their contact cards and such, as that is part of sense.

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm just happy I'll be able to view flickr in the same format as I do on my laptop. The Blackberry browser options for viewing flickr are horrible. Played with an Eris at Best Buy the other night and it looked pretty slick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22