Those who have gotten your Incredible early.. did you get a 2GB MicroSD Card?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Those who got your Incredible early.. did you get a 2GB MicroSD Card?

2s8kyh0.jpg

Last edited:

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was supposed to come packed with an 8GB card along with the 8GB of internal memory.

Is that not right?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was supposed to come packed with an 8GB card along with the 8GB of internal memory.

Is that not right?

It doesn't appear so... the 2GB card is a "limited introductory offer". I assume it will come eventually with no card included.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I guess there's no way to be sure until the 29th. When I preordered mine, it specifically listed the in-box items, and that list did not include a MicroSD card. Of course, as an introductory offer, they could also just separately package the card and put it in the same shipping box.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
32gb are to expensive for my tastes right now. I got a 16gb in my storm 2 right now and still have 3 gb left of free space i bought another 16gb of newegg a couple nights ago for $60

alear

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps now including the 2GB card is in response to the report on engadgets review of some applications needing the micro SD card specifically to run.

Alex

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps now including the 2GB card is in response to the report on engadgets review of some applications needing the micro SD card specifically to run.

Alex

Thats what I am thinking Alex.... hoping some people that have already received their phones can confirm they got the card. Granted a slow 2GB card is worth less than 5 bucks... I am curious if the preorders came with the card.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the limited-time 2gb card offer is because some apps have issues currrently with not recognizing the internal storage space. So bundling a small cheap microSD card is an easy to work around the # of support calls/returns/unhappy customers for Verizon until more devices w/ internal storage hit the market (and more apps get updated as well).

Bundling a 16gb microsdhc card is probably the least cost-efficient method for the carriers & manufacturers alike, especially 6+ months ago for the Droid & Storm2 when they were launched with 16gb cards in the box and those cards were still pretty pricey.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
There was no SD card included with mine at all...

I will be buying my INC in-store this Thurs morning, but I stopped by the store today because I heard they have a demo to look at. It was SWEET! :)
But I specifically asked the salesperson if it comes with a 2gb MicroSD card and she said no. I said, are you sure? She said NO. hahaha..

So, I'm guessing that it's only for pre-orders taken from 4/23-4/26 as stated on the VZW website. Sucks!

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
To add more to the confusion, the customer service rep I spoke to when I called said the Incredible would come with a 16GB microSD card.

I'm not counting on anything coming with the phone except the phone at this point.

Guy Fox

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'll know on 4/28 when FedEx says it's supposed to arrive ~ hope I do get one, since I was fighting with that website for hours before it finally went through... that'd be cool! Though since I didn't see it on the page back then, probably not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox