Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Those who got your Incredible early.. did you get a 2GB MicroSD Card?

Last edited by kilofox; 04-24-2010 at 11:25 AM.

I thought it was supposed to come packed with an 8GB card along with the 8GB of internal memory.

Is that not right?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Scopic View Post
    I thought it was supposed to come packed with an 8GB card along with the 8GB of internal memory.

Is that not right?
    It doesn't appear so... the 2GB card is a "limited introductory offer". I assume it will come eventually with no card included.

Ah, oh well then.

Off to Newegg for a 16g!

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

I guess there's no way to be sure until the 29th. When I preordered mine, it specifically listed the in-box items, and that list did not include a MicroSD card. Of course, as an introductory offer, they could also just separately package the card and put it in the same shipping box.

Global Posts
    1,133 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by Scopic View Post
    Ah, oh well then.

Off to Newegg for a 16g!
    Did you mean 32gb ?!

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustinD2473 View Post
    Did you mean 32gb ?!
    32GB

That's a lot. I just purchased a 16GB from newegg. I wish I could order some accessories for the Incredible so I can have everything ready for when it comes out.

32gb are to expensive for my tastes right now. I got a 16gb in my storm 2 right now and still have 3 gb left of free space i bought another 16gb of newegg a couple nights ago for $60
    ~Matt
    Nexus 4 & Nook HD+ and lots of other goodies
    www.twitter.com/howarmat
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,520 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

That's an insult 2gb I can't put a movie on that

How is the screen in direct sun light ?

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    That's an insult 2gb I can't put a movie on that
    i think they are counting on the 8gb internal being the option for most people.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 4 & Nook HD+ and lots of other goodies
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

Perhaps now including the 2GB card is in response to the report on engadgets of some applications needing the micro SD card specifically to run.

Alex
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by alear View Post
    Perhaps now including the 2GB card is in response to the report on engadgets of some applications needing the micro SD card specifically to run.

Alex
    Thats what I am thinking Alex.... hoping some people that have already received their phones can confirm they got the card. Granted a slow 2GB card is worth less than 5 bucks... I am curious if the preorders came with the card.

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts

I think the limited-time 2gb card offer is because some apps have issues currrently with not recognizing the internal storage space. So bundling a small cheap microSD card is an easy to work around the # of support calls/returns/unhappy customers for Verizon until more devices w/ internal storage hit the market (and more apps get updated as well).

Bundling a 16gb microsdhc card is probably the least cost-efficient method for the carriers & manufacturers alike, especially 6+ months ago for the Droid & Storm2 when they were launched with 16gb cards in the box and those cards were still pretty pricey.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

There was no SD card included with mine at all...

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalo View Post
    There was no SD card included with mine at all...
    I will be buying my INC in-store this Thurs morning, but I stopped by the store today because I heard they have a demo to look at. It was SWEET!
    But I specifically asked the salesperson if it comes with a 2gb MicroSD card and she said no. I said, are you sure? She said NO. hahaha..

So, I'm guessing that it's only for pre-orders taken from 4/23-4/26 as stated on the VZW website. Sucks!

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP-JB/CM10

To add more to the confusion, the customer service rep I spoke to when I called said the Incredible would come with a 16GB microSD card.

I'm not counting on anything coming with the phone except the phone at this point.

damn if that was true, i just wasted 40 bucks on a new one lol

I'll know on 4/28 when FedEx says it's supposed to arrive ~ hope I do get one, since I was fighting with that website for hours before it finally went through... that'd be cool! Though since I didn't see it on the page back then, probably not.

Looks like my storm has one good aspect left....a 8 gig card to use in my new incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinD2473 View Post
    Did you mean 32gb ?!
    I heard the 32GB is not supported yet. Or was that on the Moto Droid?

it is supported, however android is currently unable to format it. you'll have to format it on a computer before using it on the device.

Default 2GB card for pre-orders?

Ok VZW employee forumites (i'm looking at you BigPeteFox), what's the deal on the 2GB card being included with preorders now? If it doesn't come shipped with my phone, which I ordered on the 19th, can I still get it at my local VZW retail store?

I got an 8 GB card at Office Depot for $22 last week, and so far haven't really seen any deals that make me kick myself for paying way too much. But I do miss the 16GB card that somehow got fried in my Omnia and now isn't recognized by any computer or phone.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast