Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Helix Launcher 2

What is it? What does it do?

I saw it mentioned at the bottom of this article...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-ve...a-our-findings

N00B to the Android scene so please don't flame me too much!

helixlauncher 2 is a replacement for the android 2.1 launcher that adds better scrolling between homescreens (a la iphone/sense ui), the ability to change the number of homescreens (up to 7 i think) and adds a iphone style 'dock' at the bottom where you can put 4 shortcuts that appear on every homescreen. it also adds landscape mode for devices that don't support it, like the nexus one. oh and also 'long hovering' on the trash can with an app icon will uninstall it. and it adds the 3D app drawer from the nexus one. it's still a little buggy on my nexus but the original helix launcher works excellently and has all of the features mentioned above except the 3D app drawer.

I've had Helixlauncher 2 since it came out in the Marketplace, and all of a sudden for the past two days it's been in a force close loop and I can't seem to get it to stop. Anytime I unlock my Motorola Droid to do something or go into an app, it has to force close. Any ideas?

I'd like to know where it went? when I search for it on the Marketplace, it's gone..

I liked it better than the regular HelixLauncher..
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I just installed the ADW launcher and it runs well and is pretty similar to Helix.

How does it work with Sense?
    does it replace the stuff on the bottom of the screen?

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

I know with ADW or LauncherPro you can't use your stock HTC Sense widgets which kinda sucks

I had both on my phone and got rid of them and went back to the stock Sense launcher
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review